21 Sep, 2012, arholly wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello:
I post quite a bit here and am a beginner coder. I up until recently, have had another (very) skilled coder whose been helping me but real life has claimed him for the foreseeable future. This has left me in a bit of a lurch because the mud (heavily modified ROM) I inherited was/is riddled with problems and I need help fixing them. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who is willing to help mentor me and get the base stable. I am not looking for someone to fix the entire thing, but someone who I can bounce the problems off of and help explain to me what is going on.

I know there are memory corruption issues someplace for explain (like when I shutdown the mud), but am having problems tracking it down. Also, the mud apparently does not recognize when commands like is_name or is_exact_name are executed or maybe it is get_char_room, not sure. Things like this are things I need help with.

Again, not looking for someone to fix it for me (though I won't complain if sometimes they do), but someone who can explain what is going on and how to fix it. I have no problem doing the work if I know and understand what I am doing.

Arholly
0.0/1