07 Feb, 2013, bryantos wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi Everyone,

I've been tossing an idea around in my head for awhile and I just wanted to get an opinion/ideas from blind players about it. I was interested in creating a text-based Moba, something along the lines of league of legends. If your not familiar with the concept it's as follows:

Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. As of January 23, 2013, there are 110 different champions from which to choose. Each player begins at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane. Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and Minions (NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team in there respective lanes) and defeating neutral monsters. Completing objectives rewards players with gold which is used to purchase items.

Moba games are popular and I haven't seen many text-based interpretations so I was wondering if this type of gameplay was created in a mud/text-base would they be interested? Anyone else's opinion I welcome as well.

On top of this I'm trying to imagine way's to design the game's interface/output that would genuinely give all players a fair go at this and I think suggestions or ideas from these player's would help streamline this information and make this game great. In my head I don't see it being successful as a well described and detailed world, I see it more as a leaner/need to know kind of ui where the mechanics of your "champion" and the flow of the battlefield are what is important to you. i.e. not the glowing crystal waters reflecting the light of the enemies tower but more like a river begins 5 yards to your left, The enemy tower 10 yards ahead, 3 warrior mobs and they're health moving towards your tower and the enemy champion your supposed to be facing no where in sight so you yell to the other lanes to be careful.

Anywho, it's something that caught my interest and wanted to see if they're would be enough interest in it to make it worth the go. Also note that the game doesnt have to be completely player driven, Bot's are a type of matchup as well and will fill out the necessary teams with what's needed.
0.0/1