02 Nov, 2013, Idealiad wrote in the 3rd comment:
Votes: 0
The challenge is on!
02 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 4th comment:
02 Nov, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
Heh, only level 24 on the first try.

What killed me was spelling… scanning the word and then typing it as I was looking at the next one, but typing it the way *I* would spell it, not always right. :)
03 Nov, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 6th comment:
32. Lyanic's last name is Skynet.
03 Nov, 2013, Kjwah wrote in the 7th comment:
I thought so, think I got to 24 before my phone went off and I got exploded. :p
03 Nov, 2013, Runter wrote in the 8th comment:

Helps to focus on the biggest words first to stop spawning of smaller words from the motherships, but it gets hard to see the words at the start when many load.
04 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 9th comment:
level 58, I tried Runter's strategy + letting most of the little ones get by as long as they weren't going to hit my ship….
04 Nov, 2013, Idealiad wrote in the 10th comment:
You all need to start on expert mode!
05 Nov, 2013, Grieffels wrote in the 11th comment:
I got to level 11 on expert the first try. That was after playing through normal a few times.
The game is actually fun in many ways. The hardest thing about it, is when you start typing
a word on an accident and have to find which word it started due to a missed keystroke. It will
RUIN YOU! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?! RUIN YOU! Hah, have fun with this. I'm book marking it for
a rainy night.
05 Nov, 2013, roguewombat wrote in the 12th comment:
Hit level 17 on my first expert try, and man, those missiles destroyed me. Tried to keep the larger ships in check but lost it. My effective wpm was 66.6, accuracy 96.5%, final score 5582. I credit MUDs with my typing speed and formally tested over 100wpm when I went looking for clerical work after college. Thankfully, that didn't work out.
05 Nov, 2013, Runter wrote in the 13th comment:
Grieffels said:
I got to level 11 on expert the first try. That was after playing through normal a few times.
The game is actually fun in many ways. The hardest thing about it, is when you start typing
a word on an accident and have to find which word it started due to a missed keystroke. It will
RUIN YOU! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?! RUIN YOU! Hah, have fun with this. I'm book marking it for
a rainy night.

Yeah. I probably would have preferred a design where you type the next character of any ship rather than the one you started only (defaulting to the one you started if multiple ships have the same character). But yeah, quite fun.
05 Nov, 2013, Markov_AU wrote in the 14th comment:
I think I'll pass… as roguewomat can attest
06 Nov, 2013, roguewombat wrote in the 15th comment:
lol Honestly, Adventures Unlimited is likely where I honed my craft. Played it as much or more than any other MUD and probably never shut up while I was playing. :tongue:
06 Nov, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 16th comment:
Giving up is the only option. Lyanic, born out of the unholy union of Skynet and Barbara Blackburn.
06 Nov, 2013, Markov_AU wrote in the 17th comment:
roguewombat said:
lol Honestly, Adventures Unlimited is likely where I honed my craft. Played it as much or more than any other MUD and probably never shut up while I was playing. :tongue:

I too never shut up while playing, but that does not lead to accuracy in my quick typing.
07 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 18th comment:
plamzi said:
Giving up is the only option. Lyanic, born out of the unholy union of Skynet and Barbara Blackburn.

I had to google who Barbara Blackburn is, but that made me laugh.
07 Nov, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 19th comment:
I keep losing track, but I'm making it mid 30s with over 92 accuracy and over 55 words per minute.

The summary really ought to say highest level cleared.
07 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 20th comment:
0.0/24