17 Nov, 2007, ralgith wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok, decided that before I went into trying to write my own and reinvent the wheel, I'd make sure no one else has done this already.
What I'm looking for is a script (preferably php) that will read the MUD's pfile, item file, etc, and generate a statistics page for each character. Now this is using CircleMUD, with heavily modified binary pfiles, so yes I'll have to modify it anyways; but I'm NOT very good at php, and even worse at other webscripts. I need to brush up my knowledge on them, but I have 0 time as it is.

So anyways, basically I'm looking to make a stats page for the MUD where you type in a character's name and it displays a table with their information and equipment and such.

Kinda like:
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/
http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo....

Anyways… just curious.

PS. Would be nice if it was a generic module that could easily be insterted into many common forum bases
17 Nov, 2007, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
You want it to be able to display stats for any given character to anyone?
I could see making a script to generate stats for the whole player base (how many characters of each race/class/gender, how many "avatars", how many characters you've got between level x & level y, etc), but for each character? I hope you don't have PVP in your game. :sad:
20 Nov, 2007, ralgith wrote in the 3rd comment:
Conner said:
You want it to be able to display stats for any given character to anyone?
I could see making a script to generate stats for the whole player base (how many characters of each race/class/gender, how many "avatars", how many characters you've got between level x & level y, etc), but for each character? I hope you don't have PVP in your game. :sad:

Limited PK ;)
Did you look at the fomello link?
I can see that in some situations it could be bad, but really, most of the information that would be given through this interface would be obtainable in the MUD as well. Either via the identify spell or by using a thief to look at the character. Not that I asked to get into the ethics of it :tease: just if anyone knew of any such script.

I suppose I could always do like the who2html type scripts, where the MUD every now and then writes a new html file of the who list…
But that would require an annoying amount of blah, since it would have to constantly write a file for every character. I'd much prefer it reading the saved data from the pfile in real time and displaying it. Yes this will be outdated since their last autosave, but since autosave is every tick - and at every level, I see no real problems with reading from the pfile.
20 Nov, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 4th comment:
If you want to provide a couple examples of the pfiles you would be using and some of the specific data you want to display, I might be up to taking a crack at it.

I have a similar thing for my old MUD, however it works off a MySQL database that the MUD populates with pfile data.
06 Dec, 2007, ralgith wrote in the 5th comment:
Asylumius said:
If you want to provide a couple examples of the pfiles you would be using and some of the specific data you want to display, I might be up to taking a crack at it.

I have a similar thing for my old MUD, however it works off a MySQL database that the MUD populates with pfile data.

Thanks, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to ya.
I'm using a circlemud binary pfile. The few modifications to it I've made I can make to the script too, I just need an example to work from :)
15 Jan, 2008, Xalin wrote in the 6th comment:
Limited PK ;)
Did you look at the fomello link?
I can see that in some situations it could be bad, but really, most of the information that would be given through this interface would be obtainable in the MUD as well. Either via the identify spell or by using a thief to look at the character. Not that I asked to get into the ethics of it :tease: just if anyone knew of any such script.

If you ask me this is taking skills away from a thief making it a less wanted character to play and also taking spells away that only Mage type classes would be able to use. Hence taking away the advantage over Warriors and other Class types that they need.
0.0/6