24 Nov, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Asylumius said:
A lot of this ordeal stems from personal problems that, like you said, aren't things that the rest of us feel we need to wedge ourselves in the middle of. Once Crat's ability to post was revoked, the issues died down pretty quickly on MudBytes and was taken up again on TMC.

If you truly believe that the main problem that occurred was the one between Crat and Samson, then indeed we do have a lot more discussing to do about the role of admins in dealing with how the forum is run and what sort of rules are appropriate. If that was a misstatement on your part, or a misunderstanding of your words on my part, please let me know.
24 Nov, 2007, Avaeryn wrote in the 62nd comment:
Dragona said:
Avaeryn said:
I see your point there, Conner. I would still encourage problems being addressed quickly to prevent things getting out of control. How each situation is handled is best determined by the admins. The homeostasis of the MudBytes site has been disturbed by Samson leaving. I am sure it will quickly return to normal in time.

Sorry but MudBytes will never be the same again with Samson gone. Cause along with him went many others and still others area talking about leaving. :sigh:
Unfortunately I remember something very similar happening like this not long ago, which in turn brought MudBytes about… I really hate to see it go this way :sad:

And by "returning to normal" I mean it will return to a new sense of normalcy and homeostasis. The site and forum will never be the same now that Samson is gone. Unfortunately this is true in life whenever we face change or a traumatic event. Samson will be missed a great deal. I just wish things had not gone like this, but, unfortunately, they have. I had just really gotten a sense for the forum and site here and had planned on posting regularly in the building forum, the only one where I can claim any knowledge or skill :cyclops:

Dragona said:
Sorry bout the cast, I know all to well how it is to try to do thinks one handed… When I first got together with conner I had to have wrist surgery on my right hand (right-handed) and it was quite a challenge to do somethings

Thank you, Dragona! I hope you recovered from your surgery without any further problems. This is the fourth such surgery on my right wrist, and I hope the final one. We'll see in a few days when the cast comes off and the stitches are removed. It's a pain to constantly typo or hit shortcut keys on the keyboard. And not being able to build as I would like really bothers me, but I'll live. :thinking:
24 Nov, 2007, Dragona wrote in the 63rd comment:
Avaeryn said:
And by "returning to normal" I mean it will return to a new sense of normalcy and homeostasis. The site and forum will never be the same now that Samson is gone. Unfortunately this is true in life whenever we face change or a traumatic event. Samson will be missed a great deal. I just wish things had not gone like this, but, unfortunately, they have. I had just really gotten a sense for the forum and site here and had planned on posting regularly in the building forum, the only one where I can claim any knowledge or skill :cyclops:

Was MudBytes ever normal? :wink: With more and more people pulling out of here though, and the MUD community being hit as it has, One has to wonder how many of these site are we going to end up with and having to be members of to search threw to find out if the problem we have has been posted to which one and whether there is an answer to it or not…

I am our head builder, if you have questions feel free to pm them to me or conner and we can try to help you out :wink:

Avaeryn said:
Thank you, Dragona! I hope you recovered from your surgery without any further problems. This is the fourth such surgery on my right wrist, and I hope the final one. We'll see in a few days when the cast comes off and the stitches are removed. It's a pain to constantly typo or hit shortcut keys on the keyboard. And not being able to build as I would like really bothers me, but I'll live. :thinking:

I have fairly well… That was 4 years ago, still have some problems with pain every so often, and of course carpal tunnel is a pain, but what's one to do when they live at their keyboard? :grinning: G'luck with it, I had a torn tendon in the side of the wrist so I know how it is to try to do things.. I could not use it until it had completely healed and went through therapy to regain movement in it…
24 Nov, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 64th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Asylumius said:
A lot of this ordeal stems from personal problems that, like you said, aren't things that the rest of us feel we need to wedge ourselves in the middle of. Once Crat's ability to post was revoked, the issues died down pretty quickly on MudBytes and was taken up again on TMC.

If you truly believe that the main problem that occurred was the one between Crat and Samson, then indeed we do have a lot more discussing to do about the role of admins in dealing with how the forum is run and what sort of rules are appropriate. If that was a misstatement on your part, or a misunderstanding of your words on my part, please let me know.

I understand people are concerned about our rules and policies, but I still believe that whether people feel like admitting it or not, the reason this went SO far has very little to do with us as an Administration and more to do with the individuals. I'm referring to the taser incident and most of the things that followed. As far as I'm concerned, the rules debate isn't over until we decide on some new rules.

Never before (or no where before) have I seen people engage in such personal, topic-irrelevant banter until now. We've all come together to set a new low, maybe we should have Cratylus make us a funny picture about it (I thought some of those were rather amusing). Our performance as Administrators hasn't been perfect, but some of our users performance as halfway decent people hasn't been much better.

Now I should punish myself for going off topic. Anyway, the point is that yes, we goofed, and yes, I think the reason this blew up so badly vs. being just another one of the seemingly weekly scandals in this community (and I dont mean just on MudBytes) was the way the entire thing seemed to develop into an off-tangent, personal flame-war.

Back to talking about rules!
Random Picks
60.0/64