04 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well, just seeing if anyone else has had this before. I can connect to the IMC2 network, but when I shutdown, restart and try to reconnect, it tells me
Tue Dec  4 14:57:30 2007 :: IMC: Invalid authentication response received from SHA-256!!
Tue Dec 4 14:57:30 2007 :: IMC: Data received: Wrong SHA-256 password provided.
Tue Dec 4 14:57:30 2007 :: IMC: Shutting down network.

I can of course change the mud name and reconnect again, once, but shutting down and restarting gets the same error.
04 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
The first connection to a server is always made in plain text. The client is setup by default to enable sha256 after you've been connected once. Because of how things operate it's not possible to make your initial connection using sha256, or to change the local client name once an sha256 connection has been established.

Ultimately the sha256 setting isn't overly critical. It's only used to get connected to the server. It only becomes more important if you run a server and need to do remote administration commands. So you can probably get by just fine sticking to standard authentication.
04 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 3rd comment:
The first connection to a server is always made in plain text. The client is setup by default to enable sha256 after you've been connected once. Because of how things operate it's not possible to make your initial connection using sha256, or to change the local client name once an sha256 connection has been established.

Ultimately the sha256 setting isn't overly critical. It's only used to get connected to the server. It only becomes more important if you run a server and need to do remote administration commands. So you can probably get by just fine sticking to standard authentication.

Thanks. Back to breaking things. :)
0.0/3