02 Jun, 2008, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Sun May 25 20:18:31 2008 [dead_souls] Argus@Realm of Mystique: what does it mean if when i enable imc2 it says waiting for acceptance
Sun May 25 20:29:31 2008 [dead_souls] Kalinash@Fire and Ice: oh, you don't want to do that
Sun May 25 20:32:41 2008 [dead_souls] Argus@Realm of Mystique: whysat
Sun May 25 20:33:05 2008 [dead_souls] Kalinash@Fire and Ice: There are non-LP muds on that system
Sun May 25 20:33:15 2008 [dead_souls] Argus@Realm of Mystique: thas bad?
Sun May 25 20:33:19 2008 [dead_souls] Kalinash@Fire and Ice: very
Sun May 25 20:33:23 2008 [dead_souls] Argus@Realm of Mystique: bah
Sun May 25 20:34:37 2008 [dead_souls] Argus@Realm of Mystique: i3 gets dead sometimes …i work better when there is at least some commotion

Isolationism anyone? I fail to see why having non-LP MUDs on IMC2 should be a good reason not to use it. Anyone have any insight into this one?
02 Jun, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
ok, i laughed.
02 Jun, 2008, exeter wrote in the 3rd comment:
I chuckled a little bit, too.

But, seriously, are non-LP MUDs banned from IM3 or something?
02 Jun, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
No, but most of us have checked out their logs and seen the way they treat each other and decided not to go there. From the couple times I've checked the logs it's been like one huge trollish cesspool, where they attack each other and treat each other like total crap.

That's not the kind of intermud environment I'm looking for. Sure they might have moments where they're incredibly helpful, etc. But I certainly wouldn't hang out there. I'm much happier on IMC2 where things are generally pretty mild, and fights are few and far between.

But if Crat is any indication of how the rest of the LP community is, then I guess I'm glad they have an isolationist attitude. That just means more peace and quiet for the rest of the community.

[Edit: for spelling errors]
02 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
I'll just second what Kayle said. I had been on I3 (was also on IMC2 at the time) for awhile with my non-LP mud and ended up dropping it for just IMC2 because I found the only thing I3 had that I liked that IMC2 lacked was TimBot and I was even able to convince Tim to port his bot to IMC2 and then later Samson even added the inews channel so IMC2 was nearly perfect compared to I3 for awhile…
02 Jun, 2008, Kalinash wrote in the 6th comment:
Laughter was the appropriate response to that little bit of I3 history. Nothing more. Nothing less.
:biggrin:
02 Jun, 2008, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Text has a bad habit of not relaying the humor to unfamiliar people. Argus appeared to be asking a valid question, which appeared to be dismissed out of hand because there are non-LP MUDs on IMC2. It might have gone over just fine to the veterans who may know that you were joking. I couldn't get that from the log. I do find it rather interesting that on that channel at least, Cratylus seems almost normal. None of his usual bile and such that gets him into so much trouble. If he'd stick to that elsewhere who knows what might happen.
02 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
Amazing what it takes to prompt new members to sign up and post here, isn't it? :tongue:

Welcome aboard Kalinash.
02 Jun, 2008, Kalinash wrote in the 9th comment:
Yeah, on I3 i'm either helpful or sarcastic… So if I'm not talking about code, then I'm proably being sarcastic. :)

As for the content of the I3 channels, dead_souls and dchat are intended to be helpful and PG-13. Once you wander into imud_gossip, it's a frat house full of sailors on shore leave. Fortunately, a most of the bile spewing, name calling and other general rudeness, is still done in good humor. It's really not a bad place overall.
02 Jun, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
I'm a little bothered at the finger pointing when the person in question is not given an opportunity to speak up. It seems that either the topic should just be dropped (like some people said they wanted to but are apparently not able to do so), or people should be sportsmanlike and not take punches at a straw man unable to fight back. Can't we just let the Samson vs. Cratylus flame war die?
02 Jun, 2008, exeter wrote in the 11th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Can't we just let the Samson vs. Cratylus flame war die?

Hear, hear! I'll second that motion.
02 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 12th comment:
Sorry, Kalinash, David's right, I shouldn't have pointed my finger at you that way, how were you to know that this thread had cropped up until you'd joined… oh, wait, David wasn't talking about my post? Hmm… :devil:
02 Jun, 2008, Kalinash wrote in the 13th comment:
Sounds like I need more fingers! Heh. Well, I don't want to get in the middle of someone else's flame war…

As for IMC2, I guess I'm going to have to code that functionality into my mud… I was only on I3 because I'm familiar with it from way back when it first started. That and having just finished implementing that spec, I wasn't ready to jump into another just yet. :)
02 Jun, 2008, Guest wrote in the 14th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Can't we just let the Samson vs. Cratylus flame war die?

It was an observation. Not an attempt to revive any such thing. Quit reading so much into the words looking for hidden agendas.
03 Jun, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 15th comment:
I was referring to this:
Samson said:
I do find it rather interesting that on that channel at least, Cratylus seems almost normal. None of his usual bile and such that gets him into so much trouble. If he'd stick to that elsewhere who knows what might happen.

This is hardly leaving things alone, Samson. So let's just drop the whole thing, finally, please, maybe?
03 Jun, 2008, argus wrote in the 16th comment:
for what its worth, i still can not connect to imc2 lol
03 Jun, 2008, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
DavidHaley said:
This is hardly leaving things alone, Samson. So let's just drop the whole thing, finally, please, maybe?

Fine. Whatever you say. You're the only one here right now who tried to make something out of a simple observation. I'll be sure and run everything I plan to say in the future past you to make sure it's not bringing something up or resurrecting the dead or something. Good God.
03 Jun, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 18th comment:
All I'm asking is that we finally just put this away… I'm not sure why you're so upset since you're the one who wanted it to be dropped x times already. I'm not terribly interested in commenting on what you do on your own time or web space, I just think it would be healthier for the community to stop pointing fingers across the fence. No need to divide the community more than it is.
03 Jun, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 19th comment:
You're the only one here right now who tried to make something out of a simple observation.

That's only because I thought it best to not try to get banned. When you make a comment about, look, he doesn't spew his bile there you're definitely not making an observation you're making an attack. The only difference I se is no one there is trying to enforce what he can say so he has no one trying to oppress him to have to fight back against.
03 Jun, 2008, Guest wrote in the 20th comment:
I give up. You both are so intent on seeing what you want from it that there's no point.
0.0/20