27 Oct, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Heya. I been makin' a cartoon, comics, music and such in my spare time. Haven't played many muds in the past few years, but thought it would be neat to build on one again , if there were a MUD that was compatible..which may or may not be very frequent, in my spare time. Cartoon is set medieval/ preindustrial with mercs who travel to gates to other worlds of different levels of technology/magic and time zones (gates to ancient, medival, modern and futuristic time zones) so it's very flexible..like a universal alternate reality story telling system of sorts I guess. Have a large box full of material for the cartoon I have been organizing haven't put up online yet. Don't have the first episode up yet, it's technically done but I'm workin' on the audio. It's not a spectacular production by any means, hehe..just tho't I'd throw it out there. Have some stuff up on a myspace site atm..and there's a whole lot more I just haven't put up. Feel free to check it out:

myspace.com/jhypsyshah

I wonder if there is a channel for MUDs, like a video channel..if ya know of one (or ya think it's kewl) feel free to message me.
27 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 2nd comment:
Cant help you with your quest, although i wish you well. The cartoon stuff sounds interesting, post a url when you got things together, i would like to take a look.

Oh and welcome to Mudbytes.
27 Oct, 2008, Dean wrote in the 3rd comment:
Jhypsy Shah said:
Heya. I been makin' a cartoon, comics, music and such in my spare time. Haven't played many muds in the past few years, but thought it would be neat to build on one again , if there were a MUD that was compatible..which may or may not be very frequent, in my spare time. Cartoon is set medieval/ preindustrial with mercs who travel to gates to other worlds of different levels of technology/magic and time zones (gates to ancient, medival, modern and futuristic time zones) so it's very flexible..like a universal alternate reality story telling system of sorts I guess. Have a large box full of material for the cartoon I have been organizing haven't put up online yet. Don't have the first episode up yet, it's technically done but I'm workin' on the audio. It's not a spectacular production by any means, hehe..just tho't I'd throw it out there. Have some stuff up on a myspace site atm..and there's a whole lot more I just haven't put up. Feel free to check it out:

myspace.com/jhypsyshah

I wonder if there is a channel for MUDs, like a video channel..if ya know of one (or ya think it's kewl) feel free to message me.

Sounds like Stargate. :tongue:
27 Oct, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 4th comment:
The_Fury said:
Cant help you with your quest, although i wish you well. The cartoon stuff sounds interesting, post a url when you got things together, i would like to take a look.

Oh and welcome to Mudbytes.

Thank ya.

I'm kinda slow. Have colored 2d and 3d maps that I haven't put up yet. All the characters are based off of an RPG we made..so we have stats for them..actually about a 3 x 3 x 3 box full of papers I need to sift through again. A few hundred index cards of characters with desc's, stats and equipment. At least a dozen world maps, kingdom stats..all kinds o' geeky stuff, hehe.

Never got into stargate, kinda bored me..mighta just been how it started out. Home kingdom of yet is from a chaotic part of the universe. State religion is based on how great someone's stupidity is..

I'll quit babblin' and let ya guys know when I get more stuff up.

peace,

Jhypsy Shah
27 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 5th comment:
Jhypsy Shah said:
I'm kinda slow. Have colored 2d and 3d maps that I haven't put up yet. All the characters are based off of an RPG we made..so we have stats for them..actually about a 3 x 3 x 3 box full of papers I need to sift through again. A few hundred index cards of characters with desc's, stats and equipment. At least a dozen world maps, kingdom stats..all kinds o' geeky stuff, hehe.
Jhypsy Shah

You know, a telnet text mud might not be the best thing for you to make, however a spin off is certainly not out of the question at some point. With all that artwork and ready made index cards, maps and the like, you should consider making a browser game like Neopets, Pokemon Online and there are even some trading card games out there that i have seen my kids playing.

Take those index cards add some art work to them and you have trading cards. Add in a basic rule set for how the game plays and some web hosting, php and mysql skills and you have yourself a complete casual game for kids to play.
27 Oct, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 6th comment:
I don't have any passion for the card/board games, it was just to keep it more organized. For free. Fig'd it might breath a little life into a MUD and might breath a little life into my story. Didn't want to be a head builder or anything. Actually, I really like the alternate reality of a character in a story getting permakilled while being heroic or what-not the role. I try to keep it fun, doin' somethin' I love..not like work. That way if it does go somewhere (tho' it most likely won't and that's ok) I'll still be doin' somethin' I love instead of more hard work..win-win situation ;)

Don't tell the card players I said this but..

*flop* *flop* *cackle* *flop*

..I can "roleplay" a card player, hehe.

peace,

-J
27 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 7th comment:
Yeah i can understand that, you need to do something you will enjoy. 6 months ago i could have used someone like yourself who has some great ideas for a game, who is keen and can bring a lot to the table. As i enjoy the coding side of muds, not so much the building and world design and would have partnered with you on a project. Actually i gave 4 people a shot and not one of them could pull much together at all so i sat down and designed out a game and have been implementing it ever since.

Im pretty sure with a little polish you would be able to put together a pretty neat game proposal and attract a coder to come on board and get a project off the ground.

Don't tell the card players I said this but..

*flop* *flop* *cackle* *flop*

..I can "roleplay" a card player, hehe.

For sure, but having few thousand plus kids playing your game would more make up for your not enjoying the game play, and the revenue from advertising space on a high traffic site would be a nice kicker as well.
01 Nov, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 8th comment:
I started a group, ya might understand if ya take a peek, hehe:

http://groups.myspace.com/yet
01 Nov, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 9th comment:
I don't have a myface account, do you have another way that we can view your ideas.
01 Nov, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 10th comment:
huh, odd, i thought you could view other peoples profiles without being logged in. i guess they changed that.
01 Nov, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 11th comment:
Someone started a Jhypsy Shah channel but I never asked for the password, I just kinda let him do what he wants to with it, hehe..

We plan to make a channel for the cartoon on mogulus. One of the reasons that I came here is that since there's alot of interplanar travel in the storyline, I fig'd it'd be easy to showcase other cool things like guest characters, Muds who wanna play along with the storyline or theme or even just really cool stuff that doesn't really have much to do with it..

I call it a Universal alternate reality storytellin' system (U-arss,wow.. :) ..it's pretty flexible. Just imagine what would happen if a few storyline characters fell into your mud through a hole in the sky, hehe..

sound cool?
01 Nov, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 12th comment:
Even if ya think the idea is stupid..ya can't say ya wouldn't wanna hunt down a couple lowbie Spider Mountain Mercs who just infiltrated/fell into your mud, hehe..IC of course.

..then possibly see it animated ;)
03 Nov, 2008, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 13th comment:
sorry..there already was a channel. They kinda put me on the spot there, hehe :

http://www.mogulus.com/kingdomofyet
0.0/13