26 Sep, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
i posted this on smaugmuds.org forum as well but just so i can have a better chance of getting answered i'm posting here too.

i've never been a builder on an swr mud before but i'm currently playing around with an swr fote code and would like to add more prototype ships as well as some mob ships. i know how to do the building of rooms etc and how to set ships basically but i'm not sure what the average values of some of these things should be. what would be a good speed for each type of ship, how many lasers is too many for a starfighter etc. if anybody knows of an online source where i can find some basic guidelines for values as well as a basic guide to how to make prototype ships then i could really use the help. i don't plan on ever putting any of this work online but i might want to be a builder for an already existing swrfote in the future and this tinkering will be a huge help. thanks in advance for any and all help i can get.
27 Sep, 2008, Dean wrote in the 2nd comment:
This is probaly not the answer you're looking for, but I would suggest trawling starwars databases, you can find some good ones that give detailed information on the various types of ships. You could also use the already existing ships as a reference point when statting your new ships or do both.
27 Sep, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
ok first off i gotta say LOL to your avatar. second, by starwars databases what do you mean? swr or actual info about the movies/books? i'm just looking for mud relevant info here, i'm already fairly knowledgeable about the starwars universe having read all the books up till the most recent one published. the problem with the suggestion of looking at the already existing ships is the only ones existing are the public busses and i don't want my starfighters etc. moving at that snails pace. i still need to know how to make prototype ships too so if anybody has some basic instructions on ship building i'd appreciate it.
27 Sep, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
these are not the databases you're looking for

*waves hand*
27 Sep, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
I'd suggest playing other SW games and getting a feel for how things work there. As for the databases, I think the suggestion was to look up reference material for the SW universe, be it for the RPGs, or just the books that describe the fiction.
21 Oct, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 6th comment:
Just look at the existing prototype files, and depending on how good a particular ship would be (I.E. A-Wing vs X-Wing) you can generally figure it out. If you look at a ship on Wookieepedia it does have some stats on the side, too, so that's helpful. But mostly it's just balance and guesswork. Your max speed/hyper should be 150, and that should be REALLY expensive. Max for mediums should be.. 110-115 or so.
0.0/6