21 Nov, 2008, Xorex wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi, I hope this is an appropriate forum for this…. I have been a big fan of Lok's old stock areas for a while now (Coven, Isles of the Pirate Lords, etc) and I just recently found some mentions on Google of an area called "Armageddon." Does anyone happen to have a copy of the area file or know where I could find one? I've gone through the areas in the code section here (I looked in Diku, Merc, ROM) but I couldn't find it. If so, I'd love to take a look at it. Thanks! (If you know a MUD still running that has this area that'd be good too!).
21 Nov, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
I have a Smaug port of the area in question up here if you want to take a look at it.

Sorry Quix, I steal your idea of coloring links. :P
22 Nov, 2008, Xorex wrote in the 3rd comment:
Thanks a lot, Kayle! I don't know much about Smaug but hopefully it's not too hard to set something up so I can experience the end of the world.

EDIT: I was able to get the area set up using the windows version of Smaug here: http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file... Thanks again!
23 Nov, 2008, Skol wrote in the 4th comment:
Xorex, ditto on the Lok fan thing. He was one that made me want to build.

Armageddon here:
http://www.ansalonmud.com/building/area/

If anyone has others that aren't there of his, I'd appreciate it.
24 Nov, 2008, Xorex wrote in the 5th comment:
Hi Skol,

you're missing at least two – Faerie Ring and Coven. Coven's my favorite – it was the first plot driven, puzzle type area I ever explored, and the experience spurred me on to exploring more areas and writing some myself. I don't have the files for either of those areas – but I might be able to get ahold of them.

I had never heard of the Shielding area either so thanks for that!

With the two I mentioned and the ones you linked to that makes seven areas total. In trying to find Armageddon on Google, I came across an old post by Lok where he said he wrote ten total so there are still three more unaccounted for.

Also, just curious, Lok's areas seem to have shown up on a bunch of different MUDs – which one did you first explore them on?

Xorex
26 Nov, 2008, Skol wrote in the 6th comment:
Oh yeah, forgot about those two! I am missing those as well.

I actually found them first on Ansalon, I wasn't the original owner but ended up being the one holding the reins after a decade or so heh. We still have one of the guys who started it on the team, just I had more time/desire to continue on the project.

On ours we had: Pirate Isles, Freeport, and Camelot. I just remember when I started they were really fun to play, difficult but rewarding (although I know we've adjusted some values to fit the game, lots of quasi-uber weapons). His use of exit descriptions and just 'interest' was one of the first things that made me want to build.
26 Nov, 2008, Skol wrote in the 7th comment:
Found a list for Abysmal Realms:
{99 99}  	The Shielding  	Lok  	This bastion of good is a beacon of light in this dark world.
{10 15} Faerie Ring Lok The hidden dwelling place of the Faerie Queen and the rest of the fair folk.
{25 35} Coven Lok Coven
{20 52} Camelot Lok The fabled court of Camelot comes to life, with its legendary residents.
{ 8 45} Pirate Lords Lok Pirate lords have plundered the realms… Will you rescue the maidens or feed the sharks?
{ 8 53} Freeport Lok Freeport
{70 95} Armageddon Lok The final battle of Good and Evil

Not complete, but gives a little overview. Anyone know someone from Abysmal Realms who might pony up the ones they have that we don't? I don't mind keeping an area dir like Romalama had (in fact, let me set that up now).
26 Nov, 2008, Skol wrote in the 8th comment:
Ok, now it's the Rom Area Sanctuary ;).
Lok's areas has it's own directory on top. If anyone wants any other sub directories or groupings let me know and I'll add them.
26 Nov, 2008, Skol wrote in the 9th comment:
Made separate listings for Grehyton, Strahd, Lok, Raff and Yaegar.
I didn't separate out Copper, Alfa, Merc etc
30 Jun, 2015, Skol wrote in the 10th comment:
Ps. Just noted the original link is outdated:
Rom Area Sanctuary (Rom Areas to downloa...

Sorry for the 7 year Necro btw :P

Skol said:
Xorex, ditto on the Lok fan thing. He was one that made me want to build.
Armageddon here:
http://www.ansalonmud.com/building/area/
If anyone has others that aren't there of his, I'd appreciate it.
10 Jan, 2017, Skol wrote in the 11th comment:
Update: URL change to:
http://www.ansalon.net/area/Lok/
0.0/11