28 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I am currently coding things for the FL codebase. It is a beefed up ROM with some very nice additions. I love it.

I am used to with skills/spells where there is a level each class gets its at, but with songs its not like that, here's an example:

{   
"Lullaby",
10, 1,
song_lullaby, POS_STANDING, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE,
&gsn_lullaby, SPELL_OTHER, 30, 12,
"", "The lullaby wears off.", ""
},

It only makes one referrence to what rank it appears at, which I find odd. I am trying to build a second class which uses songs. The songs are already coded, I just have to figure out how to give them to a second class.

I am assuming since it only needs to define which rank the song comes at once somewhere in the code is telling it which classes can have songs. If so, any idea where that would be? What would I look for?

Any help is appreciated.
29 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 2nd comment:
I wanted to re-express what I'm asking.

Does anyone know how I can create a second class that can use songs?
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 3rd comment:
No one knows how to do this? :(
30 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
Sorry, Brinson, I'd offer to help if I could, but I use a SmaugFUSS derivative and have never really played with ROM enough to be of assistance. I believe Midboss was the man to ask on ROM issues, so you might try a bit of patience as I don't think he's been posting as often as he used to.
30 Sep, 2006, Omega wrote in the 5th comment:
midboss retired from coding.

The answer he seeks is by looking at the mud's skill table and then modifying the level in the song table to match how they did it in the skill table, and then to fill in the blanks.

Its a pretty simple thing, i'm just too lazy todo it for him.
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 6th comment:
The problem is, in skill table it looks like…this, which goes through each class and says what rank they get it at, giving it at 52(above mortal rank) to anyone whose not supposed to have it.
{52, 52, 52,  2, 52, 52, 52,  1, 52,  5,  4,  5, 52,  1, 14, 52, 20, 52, 52, 19, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52, 52 },

But in Songs, there's just the one number, 10, which tells it what rank bards get it. But…I want to give songs to nonbards…but the system doesn't seem to be setup that way. What I'm asking is how to change the system.
30 Sep, 2006, Asylumius wrote in the 7th comment:
There are probably a half-dozen changes you'll need to make, but in you're specific example, find the definition for the song_type struct and look for something like:

sh_int           level;

Change that to:

sh_int           level[MAX_CLASS];

Then make the number in the song_table look like the array you posted in your skill_table.

You will probably need to update your play/sing command, song_lookup function maybe, and a few other things.
30 Sep, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 8th comment:
Find your song_type structure, or whatever type of struct your song_table is based on. Look for the rank variable, probably something like:

int    rank;

Change it to an array with an entry for each class, more to the effect of:

int    rank[MAX_CLASS];

Now, just go through the song_table, and change the rank numbers to the same type of array as in skill_table, with the proper values set for the proper class IDs.

Simple, no?

Edit: Beaten to the punch. May as well mention pie…
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 9th comment:
Once again: I love this site. And all you guys. God…this place is awesome.
0.0/9