19 Dec, 2008, Syrgical wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Im rather new to coding and this web site. I stumbled upon it while searching for the basics of MUD coding<and the coffee to brew> I began coding C++ on Visual 08 compiler afew weeks ago and interested in setting the foundation to begin a MUD. I was wondering if coding can be done for a MUD using Visual 08 with the combination of a Unix or Linux, or if perhaps im wasting my time on Visual compiler.
19 Dec, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
Well, I can't speak for how useful the Express editions are since I have Visual Studio Professional through school. But as long as you pay attention to what your doing and look at how other bases have handled the differences between windows and *NIX compiling you should be fine compiling in VC++.

And, welcome to MudBytes. :P
19 Dec, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 3rd comment:
Syrgical said:
Im rather new to coding and this web site. I stumbled upon it while searching for the basics of MUD coding<and the coffee to brew> I began coding C++ on Visual 08 compiler afew weeks ago and interested in setting the foundation to begin a MUD. I was wondering if coding can be done for a MUD using Visual 08 with the combination of a Unix or Linux, or if perhaps im wasting my time on Visual compiler.

The most important question here, regarding the coffee to use.
See http://www.gevalia.com/
I highly recommend the Kenyan or the Breakfast Blend (whole bean of course).
You should use real cream or nothing at all (but it's okay to add a little hazelnut flavoring to the breakfast blend).

Edit:
…almost forgot. Visual C++ targets Win32 native binaries and .NET framework VM, so it's not all that useful in combination with Unix or Linux. But then targeting Linux/Unix isn't all that important anyway.
19 Dec, 2008, sasuke wrote in the 4th comment:
Oh, thanks Tyche. It's too bad you don't get a referral fee. I just bought the
Irish Cream, Mocha, and Hazelnut coffee. I hope it comes in soon, I hate the coffee
that work uses.

I'd recommend using unix over Microsoft compilers, as most mud bases are made for it.
19 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
I certainly approve of gevalia as well. Whole bean is the only way to get real flavor from any coffee, and while I can live with whole milk if need be, heavy creme is much nicer. It costs about the same, as you don't use as much creme. I also suggest spending the extra dime for cane sugar if you can… generic sugar is mostly beet, and it's not quite as rich tasting, IMO.

I haven't tried this place yet, but it looks promising as well. I felt compelled to google for coffee. :)
0.0/5