31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey I had my clans working on my codebase (dragonball saga) and after applying all the fixes people told me to they no longer work. Could I get someone to help me to figure out why when I create a clan the mud crashes and will not load back up (segmentation fault) and yet shows nothing of WHY in the logs?
31 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
You'll need to get gdb working to find out the cause.
31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 3rd comment:
I have tried everything I could and tried to find more help on whatever sites I could to get it working, my code must just be too different for generic help to work
31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 4th comment:
How does one go about getting GDB working? I am using a dragonball saga codebase and so far all I have tried has not worked.
31 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 5th comment:
What were the problems you had when following how to enable it using Gammon's guide?
31 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 6th comment:
Here's a tutorial on gdb.
31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 7th comment:
#1 that tutorial will not display for me (been having issues with the new vista) and problems I have been having after following gammon's guide were ranging from every file being non initialized due to need to O files or just plain not running the mud, there were several issues and none of them I could solve as none of them displayed what was causing the problem exactly. Kinda sad when you have to debug the debugger….
31 Dec, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 8th comment:
Can you give some exact messages that you were receiving?
31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 9th comment:
Not anymore, I reverted back to how I have to have it to run the mud
31 Dec, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 10th comment:
Venrexx said:
#1 that tutorial will not display for me (been having issues with the new vista) and problems I have been having after following gammon's guide were ranging from every file being non initialized due to need to O files or just plain not running the mud, there were several issues and none of them I could solve as none of them displayed what was causing the problem exactly. Kinda sad when you have to debug the debugger….

*plonk*
31 Dec, 2008, Venrexx wrote in the 11th comment:
"*plonk*"?
31 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 12th comment:
See this Wikipedia entry.

Basically, and withholding judgment for now, he's saying that he thinks you're not investing the proper time into the question for him to take the time to answer it.

gdb is your friend here – the guides tell you exactly how to use it. Nobody but you armed with gdb can solve this, although we can help give you pointers (such as guides for gdb). If you have trouble using it, you should explain very precisely what went wrong. Telling us you can't read the guide because of Vista or that you had some random range of problems is not very helpful and certainly won't tell us what you're not understanding.
0.0/12