13 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I fully understand why this exists: preventing spam from malicious users. But several times I've been bitten by it, especially when I'm replying to several threads about the same subject at the same time, or if I just happen to read something and have a short reply in less than 30 seconds. The limit itself doesn't bother me – it's losing my post that really irritates me. If I refresh it reposts, saving the post, but if I navigate away … oops, there goes the post.

Would it be possible to eventually exempt users from this limit, after they prove themselves to be sane posters? Say, after 25, 50, 100 posts or something like that.

It would also work to have it act like a preview instead, so that your post contents are still all there.
13 Mar, 2009, Noplex wrote in the 2nd comment:
David Haley said:
Would it be possible to eventually exempt users from this limit, after they prove themselves to be sane posters? Say, after 25, 50, 100 posts or something like that.

2,884, damn malicious user…
13 Mar, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 3rd comment:
Why not fix the the form code so it doesn't lose the text on Back?

It looks like the whole textarea for the quick reply is generated by javascript. Don't do that. Explicitly put the textarea into the HTML and just use JavaScript to unhide and fancify it. That way the browser can autofill the form when you hit Back.
13 Mar, 2009, Zaits wrote in the 4th comment:
Mayhaps just set the earlier ranks to have the 30 second delay?

Or a proportionate delay with regards to your rank.
13 Mar, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
Hey, it could be worse… you could have the delay BE the number of posts you've made so far… :devil:
13 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 6th comment:
quixadhal said:
Hey, it could be worse… you could have the delay BE the number of posts you've made so far… :devil:

Sorry Haley, only one post every 2,890 seconds. That comes down one post every 48 minutes and 10 seconds. You should be okay with that, no?
13 Mar, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Uh, I don't know what you're talking about. You must be talking about that guy over there? :blues:
18 Mar, 2009, Kjwah wrote in the 8th comment:
After posting on a few paid to play message boards, thirty seconds is fine for me. lol That and I never post and you can count on me to have worthless information because I hate you all. :)
18 Mar, 2009, Dean wrote in the 9th comment:
Love you Kjwah! :lol:
18 Mar, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 10th comment:
Don't bring the Blues Brothers into this.
0.0/10