16 Apr, 2009, basil wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
A few years ago i was lucky to get some free hosting with MooCow Penguin, and installed Mordor. Now, I'm looking to get it running on my own machine - ie hosting it myself.

I can't find any of the docs I created at the time , so what I've done is unzipped it. The I tried to complie using make all. But I get Error 127 when I do that.

I've searched the web and can't find much info. But, I have lots of resources for Mordor so I'd like to stick with it. Can anyone offer advice?

Basil
16 Apr, 2009, ghasatta wrote in the 2nd comment:
What kind of system are you running? Do you have a compiler installed?

Error code 127 refers to a command not found. Most likely, the makefile you are using either doesn't have the path to the compiler correct or the name of the compiler that it is trying to invoke isn't present on your system. It looks like mordor is trying to invoke the 'cc' compiler. So, you need to check that this is present on your system. From your shell, use the 'which' command to locate the correct compiler. Try 'which cc', and 'which gcc'. If gcc is found but cc isn't, you need to update the Makefile.

Open up the Makefile in your src directory. Look for the line that is:
CC = cc -g
Change the 'cc' part to 'gcc'. If that doesn't work you'll have to keep rooting around until you find the right file. It could also be a path problem. Here's a thread that describes a similar problem and how to resolve it. http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthr...

Good luck!
16 Apr, 2009, basil wrote in the 3rd comment:
Thanks. It was missing gcc - fixed - seems to be all systems go now.

Cheers
0.0/3