29 Jul, 2009, Ben wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This mail has been sent by mrsruthryan10 via MudBytes MUD Code Repository

>From Mrs Ruth Ryann.

My dear, My name is Mrs. Ruth Ryan from Solomon Islands. I am married to Mr. Tyler Dave Ryan who worked with our Embassy in Ivory Coast ( Cote D'ivoire ) for a period of 9 years before he died . We were married for 12 years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Since his death I decided not to remarry due to my religious belief, .
When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$ 8.5 Million ( eight million five hundred thousand u.s dollars ) in a Bank in Cote D'ivoire. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer illness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church, organisation or good person that will utilise this money, waiting to hear from you so thaty we should proceed, welcome.

email: mrsruthryann@yahoo.cl

Thanks and Remain blessed,

Mrs Ruth Ryan.

FYI.
29 Jul, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
lol what
29 Jul, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 3rd comment:
I also received that e-mail this morning.
29 Jul, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 4th comment:
Hax!
29 Jul, 2009, Banner wrote in the 5th comment:
MUDbytes is sending spam now? :cry:
29 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
Of all the 419s, that's one of the lamest I've ever seen… :rolleyes: What, no prince or oil tycoon trying to send me money? Just somebody from the embassy? Pshaw! I'm more important than that – I deserve royalty, at least, trying to send me all their money.
29 Jul, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 7th comment:
Well, it IS only 8.5 million USD. One would expect a prince to pony up a good 20 or 30 million, no? :blues:
29 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 8th comment:
Why's it called 419?

That's my area code >.>
29 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
Hmm. Well if that kind of crap is being circulated through the mail form, it would explain a few things. Certainly a clever approach to spam. Fortunately we already have a means to deal with it, I'll simply need to hook it up to the mail form.
29 Jul, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 10th comment:
Anti-Nigerian wallhax?
29 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
Wow, that was actually rather fast, the account just registered this morning at 4am and by 5am was done with it's evil deeds. Damn spambots.
29 Jul, 2009, Kline wrote in the 12th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Why's it called 419?

I'd never heard it referenced at 419 either, until today, but am familiar with the scam. So, here you go, referenced from Advance-fee fraud.

Wikipedia said:
The number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code (part of Chapter 38: "Obtaining Property by false pretences; Cheating") dealing with fraud.[6] The American Dialect Society has traced the term "419 fraud" back to 1992.
30 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 13th comment:
Ok, I've setup an Akismet filter on the email form. This should bring a swift halt to any more 419 scammers. Let us know if more show up.
0.0/13