23 Sep, 2010, Runter wrote in the 121st comment:
Votes: 0
More KaVir yes men. Just what we needed.
23 Sep, 2010, Dean wrote in the 122nd comment:
Runter said:
More KaVir yes men. Just what we needed.

I have a few recipes I could share.
23 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 123rd comment:
Do I detect sarcasm?

Anyways, it occurs to me I never actually introduced myself, so uh. Here I go, I guess.

My name is Maya, I live in the frozen white north (if you die here you die for real!) though I was born in the land of whiskey, kilts, and haggis, and when I'm not busy trying to run a retail store I'm generally tinkering with code in various varieties, Elvenblade being the latest. I've helped build a handful of MUDs, many of which aren't around anymore, and played even more. Outside of MUDs, my gaming interests lie with Warhammer 40,000, the Half-Life series, Morrowind, the Fallout series, the Ultima series, and the older Might and Magic games (well, they're all old now, but the last one I really liked was VII.) I also draw and paint when the arthritis allows.

And that's about me in a nutshell, who puts people in nutshells anyways? That seems kind of silly.

Maya/Rudha
23 Sep, 2010, Bobo the bee wrote in the 124th comment:
Rudha said:
Outside of MUDs, my gaming interests lie with Warhammer 40,000

What race do you like to roll with in 40k? I'm a big fan of the Eldar myself.. or more specifically Fire Prisms + Dire Avengers. Backbone of my Eldar Might.
23 Sep, 2010, Runter wrote in the 125th comment:
Herein this thread you announce thy faction.

Team Haley or Other.
23 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 126th comment:
Bobo the bee said:
Rudha said:

What race do you like to roll with in 40k? I'm a big fan of the Eldar myself.. or more specifically Fire Prisms + Dire Avengers. Backbone of my Eldar Might.

I don't play too much, on account of the nearest place that sells it being two hours drive away and thereby being too much of a fuss; but I do love to paint them. I flit between the space marines chapter that our gaming group came up with, and the sisters of battle. I really dig the lore.

I have a love/hate relationship with the lore for the Space Marines though; it never ceases to seem odd that though they speak of how the Space Marines number hundreds upon hundreds of chapters, they focus on the Ultramarines to the exclusion of others of the original three chapters from their first material way back when (The Imperial Fists, the Dark Angels, and the Ultramarines), the Ultramarines are probably the least interesting.

Maya/Rudha
23 Sep, 2010, Dean wrote in the 127th comment:
Rudha said:
Bobo the bee said:
Rudha said:

I don't play too much, on account of the nearest place that sells it being two hours drive away and thereby being too much of a fuss; but I do love to paint them. I flit between the space marines chapter that our gaming group came up with, and the sisters of battle. I really dig the lore.

I have a love/hate relationship with the lore for the Space Marines though; it never ceases to seem odd that though they speak of how the Space Marines number hundreds upon hundreds of chapters, they focus on the Ultramarines to the exclusion of others of the original three chapters from their first material way back when (The Imperial Fists, the Dark Angels, and the Ultramarines), the Ultramarines are probably the least interesting.

Maya/Rudha

Ultramarines get the attention they do given their adherence to the Codex Astartes, making them the "ideal" Space Marine Chapter. The Imperial Fists have been shadowed by primarily their descendant the Black Templars chapter. Dark Angels have got a lot of attention in more recent times (Including their own codex!) , much of which they owe to Cypher, who IMO is probably the most interesting character GW have cooking for wh40k at the moment. :grinning:
23 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 128th comment:
Dean said:
Ultramarines get the attention they do given their adherence to the Codex Astartes, making them the "ideal" Space Marine Chapter. The Imperial Fists have been shadowed by primarily their descendant the Black Templars chapter. Dark Angels have got a lot of attention in more recent times (Including their own codex!) , much of which they owe to Cypher, who IMO is probably the most interesting character GW have cooking for wh40k at the moment. :grinning:

But see that's the thing. They're the average. The run-of-the-mill. The boilerplate. That's not very interesting to me :P The most interesting model designs to me of late are some of the revisits - the new Black Templar models are very interesting though a bit busy - and the Sanguinary Guard got redesigned for me to use as an honour guard unit.

Cypher and Ezekiel always had an interesting backstory, but it's only very recently that they've begun to expound on it. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Maya/Rudha
23 Sep, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 129th comment:
Runter said:
Herein this thread you announce thy faction.

Team Haley or Other.

Team hetero.
01 Oct, 2010, Quarlash wrote in the 130th comment:
Runter said:
Welcome to the community. I hope Ruby was one of those dozens of languages. :)

Thank you for the welcome, though I apologize, Ruby is not one of my languages … yet. For programming and scripting, my focus has mainly been procedural (I attribute that to growing up on C). Certainly some solid habits learned there, and certainly some … not so fantastic habits (Especially when trying to move to other languages which fall into a different category).

[joking]I hear there's this OO thing coming out… It sounds fancy…[/joking]
01 Oct, 2010, Tavish wrote in the 131st comment:
Now that I am back in the MUD dev kick…

I've been playing muds for roughly 12 years, writing various worlds for about 10. For the most part I spent time creating my codebase Lanera which is just used by about 15 friends who needed a way to keep a tabletop group together as we moved away from each other. It finally hit a point where it did everything we wanted and was getting to be a bore to continue developing so it has been pretty much frozen for the last 3-4 years. I've also developed a CCG-style MUD game, a couple of IF games, and some non-MUD style games (primarily web based).

My current kick is creating a roguelike world and bringing it to MUDs. I think the random-dungeon generation is what drew me in and I'm having fun trying to see how indepth I can get my current generator to become without completely going overboard on memory usage.
10 Oct, 2010, Crimson wrote in the 132nd comment:
Hello all! I've been mudding for a while now, about 9 years. I've recently I've begun college and am majoring in computer science. I'm currently taking Intro to prog and next semester I'll be taking C++ and visual basic. I'm new to coding but I'm learning. I've always had this idea in mind for a mud and I finally have a good reason, and the skills necessary, to start my own.

I've poked around TMC for a while now before realizing that its almost completely dead. I also post on Smaugmuds.org for any of you fellow smaug users out there.

My current project is an original themed scifi MUD. :alien: A dark future where the Earth is a desolate wasteland and the human population flees to the stars. I'm using SWFote 2.4 and am currently in Alpha stages of production.
10 Oct, 2010, Runter wrote in the 133rd comment:
Welcome to he community. I wish you good luck on your project.
10 Nov, 2010, plamzi wrote in the 134th comment:
Hi everyone,

In case we haven't met on the other handful of MUD forums out there, here's an introduction:

My name is Plamzi and in my undergraduate days I played a little-known MUD called AnotherWorld. For about a year now, I've been working on what I see as tribute to this wonderful experience.

At the base of my tribute is a reinvention of AW as a new fantasy MUD called Bedlam. I've also developed a full Bedlam GUI for the iPhone and an advanced MUD client called MUDMaster.

I'm really proud of what I've done so far and looking forward to improving upon my various projects. I'm also looking forward to contributing to this forum.

If you want to see what mudding on a phone can look like, check this out:

g9pwVegZa..."> g9pwVegZa..." type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
10 Nov, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 135th comment:
Hrm, your picture seems familiar. :tongue:

Cool stuff, by the way. I look forward to seeing more.
15 Nov, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 136th comment:
That is a really slick iphone mud adaptation. Very intriguing, but have you run into any sort of limitations thus far. For example, the screen real estate limitations on descriptions? Roleplayability? Large scale mud ideas like kingdom wars and things of that nature? How have you overcome these and limitations like them if you have run into them? Can playing the game the 'regular' or 'old' way be a different experience (beyond the graphics/click and point atmosphere; more along the lines of reducing functionality/game play elements)?

Edit: somehow put this in the entirely wrong thread… can it be moved to this one?
04 Dec, 2010, sankoachaea wrote in the 137th comment:
Hey Mudbytes!

I'm Sanko. In that thing we call 'real life', I'm a 19 year old CS student, software engineering intern, martial artist, and mudder. I've poked around Mudbytes for years, and probably have downloaded every codebase hosted on this site.

I recently started playing Achaea, character name Sanko, of course. I enjoy software engineering and design and prefer working with C based languages, as well as Lua. It's high time I got involved in a project, and I'm here looking for something satisfying to get my hands dirty with. I'm really interested in Mudder's project, with Tinymudserver. I also really enjoy LPmuds, Dead-souls, Discworld, etc.

Good to meet you all, look forward to polluting your wonderful site with amateur code. :D
05 Jan, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 138th comment:
Hey folks-

Figured since I have been posting here frequently perhaps i should introduce myself.
Actually most of you on here who have replied to my post ive known for years via the mudding community, as ive been around for ages under various names.

Aliases: Nighthunder (first name i used, lol, what a horrid name), Akkadia, Trith, Menser, RuinsOfFey, RoFAdmin.
Yes im sure now some of you may remember me, or be heading over to mudconnector and the other various sites to look me back up in the discussions. I did the same to see how horrid i might of been in years past, and actually found some great discussions on various tops that i had either started or particpated in. A memorable one was scandum talking about his head builder being stoned, and a good game concept discussion on in-game pregnancy creating children that once aged you could then play.
Yes at times i was a douche/troll/asshole. But what can i say, i was young.

Ive been Head Coder and Head Builder on various muds through out my time mudding. My longest running stint on a mud was a mud called Dark Nights. It was a ROM based mud. Some of my favorite muds i played on over the years were: abandon realities (i think that was the name) Boneyard, and DragonRealms (simutronics game), and i also frequented ADP and would shoot the shit with noxi and discuss various game related ideas and mechanics.

Coding History:

Started writing programs in QBASIC when i was around 12, advance to Visual Basic (i want to say it was like version 3 at the time). Taught myself HTML around the same time. By time i reached junior year of high school i knew coding was my thing. My school had a program where it would send students who wanted to a Trade school half the day to learn a particular trade. I went for programming, and completed pretty much every language they offered the first year there (unheard of and i still dont think anyone else has done it) with the exception of cobol cause they wanted me to go on the crappy computers with the green screens that weren't connected to the network to do cobol. Second year there i worked with the network admin getting to know the side of the IT world.

After high school i screwed around for a couple years doing various jobs and enjoying life. Then i got a job as lead programmer for a company developing their e-commerce site from scratch and maintaining it. It was great i was like 20-23 making 60k a year for three years. Through this process i got more into the networking and database parts of the IT field then i had previously. After three years there, and an ulcer(yes at 23) i quit as it was either that or just kill my boss.

Dicked around for a couple more years doing free lance work, and now i attend Devry working on my bachelors as i wish to get back into a desk job as it pays more steadily then freelance.

If its a web language, i know it. If its a Visual Studio language ive mastered it. If its windows related, im your man.
Adobe Products, my bread and butter.

Im currently working on two projects side by side. They are actually mirrors of each other, but one is originally derived from a stripped down version of ROM and the other is 100% custom code, though the latter is lagging behind the former since i had more to work with in the ROM core.

My goals with the ROM based version of the project is to hopefully bring to life a new, robust, ROM deriv that isnt your cookie cutter snippets installed, couple new areas, spells renamed, 50 races and 40 class mud deriv. Instead it will be a complete new set of systems based on the ROM core and of course upgrade to C++ and a totally OO design.

I was asked why ROM? The answer. Two fold. One i dont plan on releasing my custom code, ive worked very hard on it, and i would say the core of it is head and shoulders above the ROM core, secondly i love ROM, and the mudding community and wanted to give something back.

So thats me in a nutshell.

_-Menser-_

On a side note if anyone needs a quality website free/cheap, or flash based work done. Let me know. Im more then happy to host and create web pages for MUDs for free as long as you aren't asking anything ridiculous. If you want something more complex, well then well have to talk, but the barter system is always a viable option ;)
Also, if you want a custom FLASH client for you mud. Contact me about that as well.
26 Mar, 2011, Kanzel wrote in the 139th comment:
Guess I'll introduce myself.

I've been mudding for about 15 years now and was first introduced by my older brother when I was ten. Started off playing a smattering of Rom2.4 muds, mostly hack n' slash or whatever my brother had been playing at the time, but after a while I bumped into a few with infinite systems that really piqued my interest. I always enjoy games that have no real "end" for character progression and came to dislike level-based systems over time, although I still smash my face against MMO's from time to time. I've joined the staff for most of the muds I've played for an extended period of time and am a veteran builder, particularly with smaug, and tend to take a very narrow view with staff who just laze around abusing their powers or doing nothing of worth. I have some coding ability but am generally terrible with networking, something I'm trying to work on as of late.

My personal life is boring! I'm very ill and unable to work, so I just chill with my roomie all day in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, between visits from my girlfriend from her nearby university. Nothing exciting at all. ;p
06 Apr, 2011, melopene wrote in the 140th comment:
Do I really need to introduce myself?

I'm Melly. I've been around for years, off and on. I'm that girl who always would start up quotefile threads on whatever board was popular at the time. I am silly. I recently posted a tell-all (well, not all, but enough) on TMS.

You old farts should remember me.

*nod*
Random Picks
120.0/221