30 Oct, 2012, AlphaTech wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok so I have a stock rom running, old school, no color no OCL (that I would like to change once I figure out how) but aside from those, what file would I look in to make it so when you prac you get more then 6% because that's not how I want my day to roll.
30 Oct, 2012, khyldes wrote in the 2nd comment:
First, don't run stock Rom, fml that's just shooting yourself in the foot.

Go with a more stable/maintained codebase like tbaMUD, Dawn or something LPC based. Honestly I would go with tbaMUD if you're comfortable with C, and Dawn if you're comfortable with C++.
30 Oct, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
Possibly const.c where the wis_app or int_app value is defined. That's what determines, I believe, how much gain each point of either wis or int (I can't remember which) increases your skill when you practice it.

If that doesn't seem to be it, do a search in the code for "do_practice" and check that out, it might also be modified/determined in there.

Also, before anyone else suggests QuickMUD or any other version of ROM that has many of the bug fixes and additions of things like color and OLC, that's already been suggested and he's already been down that route on trying to get one of those setup.
30 Oct, 2012, AlphaTech wrote in the 4th comment:
Thank you very much Handes, I goit it all taken care of now, I would like to thank you all very much over my many posts and threads you guys have taught me a ton in a short time. I have everything up and running smooth now with color and OLC. you guys are the best!
30 Oct, 2012, AlphaTech wrote in the 5th comment:
Now, where would I post questions about code snippets? like I want to change my score sheet to look… well better lol. what forum would I post my snippet in and ask whats ok and not ok to add into it? Im so friggen excited to be coding a mud!
30 Oct, 2012, kiasyn wrote in the 6th comment:
Grep will help you find things in files
eg

grep score *.c will search for score in all .c files (its case sensitive)
grep -i Score *.c will do the same insensitively

start changing things subtly and work your way up :)
31 Oct, 2012, AlphaTech wrote in the 7th comment:
thanks a ton, Using textpad alt F5 does the same, now to figure out how to make it look like I want to. I cant express how much help everyone here has been.
0.0/7