28 Feb, 2014, Darva wrote in the 221st comment:
Votes: 0
mudportal.com isn't loading for me, I just get an OpenDNS search page, telling me "You tried to visit www.mudportal.com, which is not loading." and giving me a list of alternatives. I tried doing the DNS look up manually, and just connecting to the ip address (I found 70.164.23.220), and amusingly enough, that produces the same results.

I thought, perhaps, it might be noscript interfering, so I disabled it and tried both again, but no change.
28 Feb, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 222nd comment:
Darva said:
mudportal.com isn't loading for me, I just get an OpenDNS search page, telling me "You tried to visit www.mudportal.com, which is not loading." and giving me a list of alternatives. I tried doing the DNS look up manually, and just connecting to the ip address (I found 70.164.23.220), and amusingly enough, that produces the same results.

I thought, perhaps, it might be noscript interfering, so I disabled it and tried both again, but no change.

Sounds like the DNS change is still propagating. The hostname should now resolve to a CloudFlare cache server IP (108.162.199.82, looks like) but you're still seeing my IP. Can you try again later today and let me know? Thanks.
01 Mar, 2014, Darva wrote in the 223rd comment:
It is loading now.
03 Mar, 2014, Kelvin wrote in the 224th comment:
whew, just about everything loads very slowly. The landing page, forum topics, etc. After the first load when CloudFlare has the page in its cache, it loads faster.
03 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 225th comment:
Kelvin said:
whew, just about everything loads very slowly. The landing page, forum topics, etc. After the first load when CloudFlare has the page in its cache, it loads faster.

Grr. CloudFlare is supposed to help with that first page load. After that, it's probably your browser cache that makes things load faster, not CloudFlare.

Says it takes a few days for CloudFlare to cache the whole site. Maybe they're not done yet. Or maybe you get what you pay for with the free option. :)
03 Mar, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 226th comment:
Yeah it is loading very slowly.
04 Mar, 2014, Tijer wrote in the 227th comment:
S—L—O—W isnt the word since that last update… pages taking a LONG time to load
04 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 228th comment:
OK, I disabled CloudFlare on the domain. Can one of you good people tell me if that did anything to improve loading speeds? Thank you :(
04 Mar, 2014, Skol wrote in the 229th comment:
Took about 12 seconds from when I opened it, until the page loaded. Seems more responsive than it did a few months ago?

- Dave.
04 Mar, 2014, Darva wrote in the 230th comment:
It loads for me in under 2 seconds. Firefox, adblock, noscript (but everything on your site has permission).
04 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 231st comment:
Darva said:
It loads for me in under 2 seconds. Firefox, adblock, noscript (but everything on your site has permission).

Thanks for testing.

OK, so the verdict seems to be that free CloudFlare did more harm than good? :(
04 Mar, 2014, Tijer wrote in the 232nd comment:
for me its going to some kind of default site!!
04 Mar, 2014, Kelvin wrote in the 233rd comment:
It's not the browser cache, I hard refreshed to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Either your origin server/codebase is slow, or the connection between CloudFlare and your origin is.
04 Mar, 2014, Idealiad wrote in the 234th comment:
Yeah, I'm getting the same parked page as Tijer now.
05 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 235th comment:
Domain is in the process of being transferred back to my web host. In the meantime, you should be able to access the site via cloudgamer.org as well as mudportal.com (without the www).
06 Mar, 2014, Kelvin wrote in the 236th comment:
Much better now.
06 Mar, 2014, Tijer wrote in the 237th comment:
im still getting a 404 as its my book mark appears to be going to default site… and www.mudportal.com refuses to work!
06 Mar, 2014, plamzi wrote in the 238th comment:
Tijer said:
im still getting a 404 as its my book mark appears to be going to default site… and www.mudportal.com refuses to work!

We just have to wait it out, I think :(. It only updated for me late last evening. Webhost support was unresponsive, probably because they know the time it takes is anyone's guess.
06 Mar, 2014, Tijer wrote in the 239th comment:
when i update my dns' they dont take this long…… been almost 2 days now still www.mudportal.com goes to www.mudportal.com/default_host which throws up a 404 page. Cloudgamers works to get there though strangely!! :P
06 Mar, 2014, Hades_Kane wrote in the 240th comment:
www.mudportal.com goes to the site for me
Random Picks
220.0/279