25 Jan, 2015, donky wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
First published in 2001, Imaginary Realities is remembered fondly as being a place where you can read interesting mudding-related articles. Or even get your own published.

The third issue is out and goes by the name 'volume 7, issue 1' - read it online, or download a version to read offline at:

http://journal.imaginary-realities.com/
25 Jan, 2015, plamzi wrote in the 2nd comment:
Very nice, congrats!
25 Jan, 2015, Kaz wrote in the 3rd comment:
Nice to know that you're keeping it going. Kudos aplenty.
26 Jan, 2015, Kelvin wrote in the 4th comment:
Glad to see this still going!
26 Jan, 2015, donky wrote in the 5th comment:
It's not so much it's still going, but rather that the issue was not published until now, after sitting there for however many months. As it was unfair to the authors and to the editors and proofers who had already invested time on it, I forced myself to spend the time to get it out.

The publishing is a tedious process, which involves reformatting the HTML extracted from google docs, fixing the bits the reformatting breaks because all the reformatting tools I've found do it badly and inject spaces before full stops and similar things, strip out all the bullshit css tags google docs uses, add in our own custom css tags, convert the linkjacked google routed links back into normal links, wrap it in our template and link up the navigation and so on.

I may request articles for another issue in the near future.
29 Jan, 2015, Griatch wrote in the 6th comment:
@donky

If the workload and tediousness of publication comes from the translation of google docs -> IR website, why not have the IR website use some CMS instead of having to format html manually? A free and easy example would be google sites. I just tested and you can copy&paste straight from the google doc (images and all) into a google site page, retaining all formatting - the whole "publication" takes less than 30 s per article (after the initial workload of setting things up, obviously). I'm sure CMS:es like wordpress and its ilk have similar functionality if hosting on google sites is not desired.
Griatch
01 Feb, 2015, donky wrote in the 7th comment:
The original approach was to use the docs content as is extracted as html. It didn't work in all browsers. It needed to be cleaned up anyway for the generation of ebook formats. And so on.
0.0/7