14 Jan, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Giving back to the community that has so graciously given to me, I am opening up a free mud host service for those that are interested in running a mud.

I am running on a Ubuntu 8.10 server from linode.com and have 5gb of space fitted for hosting muds. I am still learning how to run a server so this is new to me but I have learned quite a lot already.

I will also say that Zeno has a wonderful free site in zeno.biyg.org and I am hoping to just add to his list of free mud hosts that he's keeping.

So you have more options now.

My site is http://www.loohosting.com
14 Jan, 2009, Zenn wrote in the 2nd comment:
Added you to http://mu.wikia.com/wiki/Free_MU*_Hosts

There are a few things I didn't know which need to be filled in, though. Quota, etc.
14 Jan, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
Glad to see more free hosts going up. It seems to me that just a few years ago, a person couldn't find a single free host with any space left. It could just be that I wasn't as good at finding them back then, or it could just be cause I wasn't very active in the various mud forums back then. Regardless, thanks for contributing to the community Tphegley.
14 Jan, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Great stuff! But, err, "loo" hosting? :tongue:
14 Jan, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 5th comment:
Maybe he needs running water for the CPU coolers? :stare:
14 Jan, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 6th comment:
haha, no. loo comes from Legends of Old (LoO)which is the mud I'm working on. I might eventually release it as a loomud codebase. Figured if I'd get a little bit more publicity for it if my hosting was kind of around the same name.

The quotas are pretty much whatever they want as long as it maintains to their site. No illegal stuff or whatever. I have 5 gigabytes of space right now for muds. I can up it to 12, but right now I think if everyone used around 200-300 mb we'd be good for a bit.
15 Jan, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 7th comment:
Hey good marketing mindset there, even if it is a weird name for a server, it serves your purposes pretty good. I'll be certain to take a look at loomud when/if you release it.
0.0/7