12 Mar, 2009, Davion wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Igabod said:
is it bad that I found myself singing along to that?

I think it's worse that I know the U2 song Zeno's referring too, and it made me laugh out loud, which concerned some people around me. It even concerned them more after I explained it :S
12 Mar, 2009, Fizban wrote in the 22nd comment:
Zeno said:
IIRC, Smaug's auto reboot was only because Smaug was riddled with memory leaks. My MUD no longer does auto reboots because it doesn't have any of those stock memory leaks.

Honestly, an automatic reboot upon a crash isn't a horrible idea. Though it's probably best to have a script backup files and then reboot to avoid any possible chance of corruption occurring. On the other hand, MUDs that do a reboot of sorts upon crash but keep connections active (essentially a copyover upon crashing) are indeed a big no-no in my book as they can lead to all sorts of nasty issues.
12 Mar, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 23rd comment:
Fizban said:
Zeno said:
IIRC, Smaug's auto reboot was only because Smaug was riddled with memory leaks. My MUD no longer does auto reboots because it doesn't have any of those stock memory leaks.

Honestly, an automatic reboot upon a crash isn't a horrible idea. Though it's probably best to have a script backup files and then reboot to avoid any possible chance of corruption occurring. On the other hand, MUDs that do a reboot of sorts upon crash but keep connections active (essentially a copyover upon crashing) are indeed a big no-no in my book as they can lead to all sorts of nasty issues.

wat.

This has nothing to do with crashes. :P
20.0/23