08 Mar, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 121st comment:
Votes: 0
// in merc.h
#define L 2048

I guess they thought it would be a good idea for bit flags.
08 Mar, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 122nd comment:
It seems very silly to me. #define's should be pretty easy to spot; you shouldn't have to sit there scratching your head wondering why some random variable name is causing errors. What else did they define, A, B, C, … until L? Meh.
Well, if it's not actually used anywhere, just remove the define. Or, fix the define names. :smile:
08 Mar, 2010, Davion wrote in the 123rd comment:
David Haley said:
It seems very silly to me. #define's should be pretty easy to spot; you shouldn't have to sit there scratching your head wondering why some random variable name is causing errors. What else did they define, A, B, C, … until L? Meh.
Well, if it's not actually used anywhere, just remove the define. Or, fix the define names. :smile:

ROM defines A-Z and aa-ee as macros for bit slots (a being 1 << 1, b 1 << 2, etc). So it's used whenever a bit is defined (eg. #define AFF_POISON ( M ) )
08 Mar, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 124th comment:
What sort of hobbits prototype functions with uppercase single letter names polluting the precious ROM name space?
08 Mar, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 125th comment:
Tyche said:
What sort of hobbits prototype functions with uppercase single letter names polluting the precious ROM name space?

Those would be the ROM author hobbits, Tyche… lrn2read: the Lua function looks like:

CHAR_DATA *L_getchar( lua_State *L ) { … }
120.0/125