20 Aug, 2009, teknozwizard wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello!!!

I'm the Head Builder of a new mud that is running the cleaned version of Rom 2.4 beta. Unfortunately, my friend hasn't had to install a colour code file into the src directory in over 9 years. So, we've been trying to figure it out now for a little over a day or two. We've been trying to use Lope's Colour Code but unfortunately, we've tried everything we could think of. Unlike other people, we're not having an issue with the escape character, we're having problems actually getting the color to show up. We've patched it according to the instructions but for some reason, the colour never comes around. It's stuck like you we're always typing {{c everytime under help colour and when we try to chat it looks like this.

{c[{yAdmin{c] test test test test{x

So, we're very stuck and we're trying to get the color up and running. Can anyone help us understand it so we can try something new to get it going?
Now, we've typed "color" in the game to turn on Ansi color, and there's still no color. And when we chat, we're not plugging in the color codes ourselves, the mud is doing that automatically.

Thanks!

TeknozWizard

(which, btw, my username has nothing to do with my ability to code or program because I don't understand it at all. I just work on the web graphics and build stuff! ^_^)
20 Aug, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 2nd comment:
You might take a look at running QuickMUD instead… it's basically a cleaned up version of ROM that has some basic things installed that you'd like want anyway, including color, a new board system, and some bug fixes. This might save you some time.
20 Aug, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 3rd comment:
BTW, if by cleaned ROM 2.4 you mean G++ clean, I have cleaned up QuickMud to run in G++.
It is for my personal project, so the only reason I haven't uploaded it yet is because it has a ton of
stuff I've added over the years already. So, if you would like a copy PM me, it might be useful as well.
20 Aug, 2009, teknozwizard wrote in the 4th comment:
Is there a difference between Rom and QuickMud?

[EDIT]

Nevermind. Went and looked up QuickMUD. I like the suggestion and I shall suggest it to my friend! Thank you, though, if there is an explanation or solution to the original problem other than switching codebases, I would still greatly love to know it please.
20 Aug, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 5th comment:
teknozwizard said:
Is there a difference between Rom and QuickMud?

[EDIT]

Nevermind. Went and looked up QuickMUD. I like the suggestion and I shall suggest it to my friend! Thank you, though, if there is an explanation or solution to the original problem other than switching codebases, I would still greatly love to know it please.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be much help other than the QuickMUD suggestion… Maybe someone else will be along with a more helpful suggestion. Good luck though!
0.0/5