Votes: 0
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87
19 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 23rd comment:
Idealiad said:
About what I expected.

,he said as he climbed out of the straw mattress that he shared with his dozen or so significant others. Pulling a dirty robe over his head, he went rummaging for the groups collective toothbrush. Giving up, he set out to hunt for nuts and berries, and to water the tribe's pot plants.

All in good fun. ;-)
19 Sep, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 24th comment:
Xrakisis said:
edit: closer to Mamoud Abbas, whos that?

You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing. :tongue: And even more ashamed for being lazy to Google for him. :smile:

He's the president of Palestine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abb...
19 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 25th comment:
Dean said:
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.50

From a base deep in the outback surrounded by an army of 'roos, the dictator affectionately known as Poppy Dean, plots revolution.

;-P
19 Sep, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 26th comment:
:grinning:

We should have a Mudbytes mud called Political Compass where your character stats and background are based on your score.
19 Sep, 2009, Dean wrote in the 27th comment:
Tyche said:
Dean said:
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.50

From a base deep in the outback surrounded by an army of 'roos, the dictator affectionately known as Poppy Dean, plots revolution.

;-P

Hmm. At least you didn't reveal the exact location! I'd have to relocate.
19 Sep, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 28th comment:
Lyanic said:
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

Davion said:
Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

Cratylus said:
im gandhi lol

KaVir said:
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

Kline said:
Close to Ghandi for me:

Kayle said:
Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

So.. I'm closest to Gandhi.. lol

We're all Gandhi! Who would have guessed?
19 Sep, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 29th comment:
Lyanic said:

I think I'm somewhere between the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela myself…. (I mean the political compass website thinks I am).
19 Sep, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 30th comment:
shasarak said:
Lyanic said:

I think I'm somewhere between the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela myself…. (I mean the political compass website thinks I am).

That's cool. Whatever. You can just go be Dalai Mandela. Davion, Cratylus, KaVir, Kline, Kayle and I will be Gandhi. We have you outnumbered!
19 Sep, 2009, Guest wrote in the 31st comment:
flumpy said:
so .. you're a liberal fascist?

*ducks*

edit: i am joking, so no offence meant :P

edit: actually puts you in the same place as obama:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselecti...

Er. No, Obama looks to be around 2,2 on that chart. I'm at roughtly 5,1. Nobody's dot is near me. If you look at this one: http://www.politicalcompass.org/usprimar... it says I'm actually closest to Hilary Clinton of all people. The quiz didn't really seem to address enough national security type stuff though so there's no telling where I'd land on a more balanced survey.
19 Sep, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 32nd comment:
Samson said:
flumpy said:
so .. you're a liberal fascist?

*ducks*

edit: i am joking, so no offence meant :P

edit: actually puts you in the same place as obama:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselecti...

Er. No, Obama looks to be around 2,2 on that chart. I'm at roughtly 5,1. Nobody's dot is near me. If you look at this one: http://www.politicalcompass.org/usprimar... it says I'm actually closest to Hilary Clinton of all people. The quiz didn't really seem to address enough national security type stuff though so there's no telling where I'd land on a more balanced survey.

I can triangulate your position with the help of Hillary Clinton, John McCain and Ron Paul!
19 Sep, 2009, Guest wrote in the 33rd comment:
Heh. Well. I'd suggest getting new equipment then :P

I tend to identify far more with the political positions of the group surrounding Fred Thompson.
19 Sep, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 34th comment:
Lyanic said:
That's cool. Whatever. You can just go be Dalai Mandela. Davion, Cratylus, KaVir, Kline, Kayle and I will be Gandhi. We have you outnumbered!

You'll have to have to forgive me if I'm not too concerned about being outnumbered by pacifists when I used to be 50% committed to the Armed Struggle.
19 Sep, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 35th comment:
shasarak said:
Lyanic said:

You'll have to have to forgive me if I'm not too concerned about being outnumbered by pacifists when I used to be 50% committed to the Armed Struggle.

But 50% of you is even more pacifistic than us Gandhis. Therefore it balances out, and us having you outnumbered comes back into play.
19 Sep, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 36th comment:
Confuto said:
I also got -6.19, -3.13 at The Political Matrix which is supposed to address the lack of a "no opinion" option on the compass.

On that site I score -2.97 (centre-left) for economic views and an impressive -9.22 on social (far-left). Of course, there's no eugenics question on that site. :smile:
19 Sep, 2009, Guest wrote in the 37th comment:
Matrix Test:

Economic score: +5.35
Social score: +2.17

Your score pegs you as economically capitalist and socially centre-authoritarian.

I think the Matrix test is lacking as well, as it also doesn't seem to contain enough national security/defense type questions and grossly lacking in immigration questions. And while they did provide the "who cares" button, I found myself not actually needing to click it :)
19 Sep, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 38th comment:
Economic score: +0.77
Social score: -4.00

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially moderately libertarian

My score on this one seems to be around a +/-2 skewing of the range from the first one. Still roughly center-left, though.
19 Sep, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 39th comment:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

Never cared for the 2 dimensional scale. I'll dig up a link to a better test when I have time.
20 Sep, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 40th comment:
The following test gives more detailed results:

http://slackhalla.org/~demise/test/socia...

These scores indicate that you are a very tough-minded moderate; this is the political profile one might associate with a jaded materialist. It appears that you are skeptical towards religion, and have a pragmatic attitude towards humanity in general.

Your attitudes towards economics appear capitalist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as libertarian.

To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a devoted eugenicist with few strong opinions.
20.0/62