14 Jan, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This first-person version of Tetris makes my head spin…
14 Jan, 2010, Kline wrote in the 2nd comment:
….Ow.
14 Jan, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Be thankful it wasn't a first-person "Block-Out" :)
14 Jan, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
This seriously made my head hurt….
14 Jan, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 5th comment:
I just played a 100+ line game and only quit because I got bored. I don't find it anymore difficult than regular Tetris. *shrugs helplessly*
14 Jan, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
It wasn't any harder, but when you've been puking all night, the last thing you wanna do is watch your screen spin. ;)
14 Jan, 2010, Twisol wrote in the 7th comment:
I have to agree with Lyanic, it wasn't any harder than usual. Although I'm not usually that good at Tetris anyways, I still lasted until level 3.

To be honest, when I read "first person" I thought it meant "from the blocks' perspective". Although I guess that would be second-person.
14 Jan, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 8th comment:
Kayle said:
It wasn't any harder, but when you've been puking all night, the last thing you wanna do is watch your screen spin. ;)

What have we learned…?
14 Jan, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 9th comment:
What messed me up occasionally was having to rotate my usage of the keys; the block path being rotated didn't really faze me as much.
Lyanic said:
Kayle said:

What have we learned…?

That some people get snarky fast. :tongue:
14 Jan, 2010, Twisol wrote in the 10th comment:
David Haley said:
What messed me up occasionally was having to rotate my usage of the keys; the block path being rotated didn't really faze me as much.

Oh, how interesting. I didn't even notice that, it felt very intuitive.
14 Jan, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 11th comment:
Just as boring as the original.
14 Jan, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 12th comment:
Twisol said:
David Haley said:

Indeed. I didn't even notice it either. I just went back to the game again for a sanity check.

David Haley said:
Lyanic said:
Kayle said:

What have we learned…?

That some people get snarky fast. :tongue:

Get back to your cage, David Failey! :devil:
14 Jan, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 13th comment:
Play it in Night Mode and see if you do as well. ;)
14 Jan, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 14th comment:
Twisol said:

I think it has to do with the fact that I strongly anchor the board in terms of "down", and all pieces are moving "down" even if I happen to have the view turned. It's funny because having the arrows change meaning with the view is at once intuitive and confusing to me. It's not that the game flunked me; I made it through a few levels before getting bored. I think it was intuitive when I was just moving stuff around, and confusing when I was trying to plan things out (and therefore the notion of "down", "left", "right" starts creeping back in). Kinda funny how the brain works…
14 Jan, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 15th comment:
Kayle said:
Play it in Night Mode and see if you do as well. ;)

Hrmm…apparently I was playing in Night Mode. I didn't know what that did the first time I went to it, so I just clicked it.
14 Jan, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 16th comment:
Interesting game. I actually find night mode easier - I don't feel so disoriented by the background spinning around.
14 Jan, 2010, Tonitrus wrote in the 17th comment:
I played it for about 10 seconds, closed it, then got up to get some food from the microwave.

About halfway there, I lost my balance and stumbled into the counter.

Motion sickness ftw.

(Also, how exactly is this "first person"?)
15 Jan, 2010, Runter wrote in the 18th comment:
I played it for a while. Semi entertaining although I did get a little motion sickness.
16 Jan, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 19th comment:
Tonitrus said:
(Also, how exactly is this "first person"?)

I think you are the blocks?
16 Jan, 2010, elanthis wrote in the 20th comment:
Hmm. Every single screw up I had was from mixing up spacebar and enter for drop and rotate over and over again. Apparently I don't interface well with keyboard-driven tetris. :)
0.0/21