10 Feb, 2010, donky wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Davion said:
I signed up for MudDev on 6/28/04, so I have everything from that point on, till the final post in 2/24/06. They're on my Gmail account. Anyway you can select lotsa posts and export them? I'd be more than willing to create some kinda archive of what I have.

If you or someone else can do this ASAP, I may still have the focus to include them in the mbox file I am generating. And the amalgamated browsable archive I am creating from that. This is pretty much done at the moment up to October 2004, but I need to fix the thread relationships and make the author view more readable in the generated HTML.

10 Feb, 2010, Davion wrote in the 22nd comment:
…This is gunna take awhile :P
10 Feb, 2010, donky wrote in the 23rd comment:
Hmm.. turns out that Mailman should have done the threading for me automatically, but was broken so didn't. There was an old bug report for it about 6-8 years old, with a patch that for some reason was never applied. It's all ready for the 2004- emails to be added in, then I can upload it.
10 Feb, 2010, donky wrote in the 24th comment:
Davion said:
…This is gunna take awhile :P

Got them, thanks for that. Will need to do a bit of processing to incorporate them, but it's great not to have to parse HTML.
15 Feb, 2010, donky wrote in the 25th comment:
Done.

I now have a complete MUD-Dev mbox archive, and have generated a Mailman archive of it. What an ordeal. It took me a lot longer than I expected, due to things like line endings, lack of complete date information and out of order mails. Anyone who wants can download the mbox archive for their own mirror, of course. And thanks to Davion for the mails for the 2004-2006 period.

In an ideal world I would be able to get an mbox archive of the mails from the beginning.. but that's unlikely.
15 Feb, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 26th comment:
thanks donky, thumbs up.
15 Feb, 2010, bbailey wrote in the 27th comment:
Thanks a lot for compiling and making this archive available.
20.0/27