12 Apr, 2010, Sorressean wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello all,
As some of you may know, I started work on a custom mudbase a while back. While I plan to continue work with that, I really just want to get to building my design and starting work on the actual game. I'm looking for a mudbase that will be easy to develop on, and have made a small list of requirements or things I would like to see.

-base written in c or c++
-Easily extendable with scripting (preferably python).
-Minimally barebones; I don't want to have to rip out combat and other systems that I'll end up rewriting at a later point.

As far as I can tell, Nakedmud comes closest to being what I want, but it seems to be built for the author; lack of documentation or examples is a bit annoying. This is one of my options however, so if I don't find a base that does better than Nakedmud, I guess that's what I'm going to end up using.
12 Apr, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
I use Nakedmud and it sounds like a good fit for your requirements. I'm not sure about being built for the author; I think you could make that criticism of most any codebase to some extent. Certainly NM doesn't force any particular game style or content on you beyond a zone/room/object/mobile model and includes lots of useful tools that you are free to use or not as you please. There is some documentation provided with the download and there are also some tutorials on the author's website.
0.0/2