29 Apr, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm a diku focused coder and have never done anything in the LP family of muds, haven't even played one actually. But I've been playing around with DS3 lately and am having fun but I know next to nothing about how to do anything.

I've created a few races of my own just by sorta figuring it out by looking at the other race files. I was wanting to create some skills but am unable to find enough examples in the game to know how to go about this.

I was hoping cratylus or some other LP developer could give me a walkthrough in the creation of a simple skill such as kick. I will likely also have some questions that need to be answered regarding the process.

I know I'm asking a lot but I figure if other diku focused coders see this explained they'll have a little spark of interest and that can only help the LP community.
29 Apr, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 2nd comment:
I won't deprive Crat of the honor of sending you to his extremely large FAQ, but you might want to pop over to lpmuds.net and look/ask around there too.
29 Apr, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
I've already looked around through the faq a bit but that won't help me get the feel for the proper process that needs to be taken for creating a skill. The way I learned how to code on diku muds was to have a friend show me how to create one function and then I learned on my own from there. I asked questions about where to find some things etc. but mostly I learned because of seeing how that was done. Plus, the faq doesn't explain the differences between lp and diku and why I'm doing things this way instead of that way.
29 Apr, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
Igabod said:
I was wanting to create some skills but am unable to find enough examples in the game to know how to go about this.

I was hoping cratylus or some other LP developer could give me a walkthrough in the creation of a simple skill such as kick. I will likely also have some questions that need to be answered regarding the process.

http://dead-souls.net/ds-admin-faq.html#...
30 Apr, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
right, so I was looking at the in-game documentation rather than the faq. My mistake. Thanks for the link, though I discovered that there's a copy of the faq in the distribution as well.
0.0/5