04 Nov, 2017, syriac wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So recently I've come across a bug in what appears to be stock Smaug 1.4a code where when a player wears two of the same item (finger/neck/ankle…etc) when they log out the item will be in their inventory and the paf->modifications stick on the pfile. This bug is annoying and exploitable, I was testing in Smaug 1.8 and it seems that whatever the issue was got patched up. I checked a few 1.4a derived muds and discovered the same bug. I have been digging through code and can't seem to find out what the problem is or how it got fixed in 1.8. If you wear two different items there is no issue. I'm hoping this is something easy I am just overlooking.
05 Nov, 2017, syriac wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
After tinkering with it for a while, I finally fixed it… though honestly I'm not 100% sure what it was that was the fix. I was basically throwing stuff at the walling to see what would stick. My suspicion is it has something to do with how SMAUG groups items, what I did was have it only group certain items (potions/scrolls) and not group equipment. Oddly it seems like it's still grouping them in inventory, but this seems to ungroup them at the equipment level when the MUD goes through the equip_char function.
0.0/2