11 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I seem to be missing a lot of features, maybe I've done something wrong?

Picture of bedlam webapp in IE 9
11 Apr, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 22nd comment:
Maybe IE9 isn't all it's cracked up to be. Have you tried Firefox or Chrome or just about anything else?
11 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 23rd comment:
Twisol said:
Maybe IE9 isn't all it's cracked up to be. Have you tried Firefox or Chrome or just about anything else?

It works fine in latest Chrome, Firefox on Win 7 and Debian *nix. Also on chromium on JoliOS….. Internet explorer not so good though =)

EDIT : I thought maybe since it looked like google chrome now that it would work better.
11 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 24th comment:
All the real browsers are supported :)

I gave up on trying to get it to work with IE8 and for a while it looked good with IE9 beta… Maybe I'll spend some time in a few days to try and get it to work. I just need to find my voodoo stick. :evil:
11 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 25th comment:
sigh @ IE.

I thought these days it was more or less compatible with everyone else.
12 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 26th comment:
Runter said:
sigh @ IE.

I thought these days it was more or less compatible with everyone else.

Here's specific proof that IE9 continues in the proud steps of its feeble ancestors:

Every other browser understands scrolling="off".

IE9 understands only scrolling="no".

Is it better than IE8? Maybe. Is it good? Well, let's put it that way – it's still the best browser for downloading other browsers.
12 Apr, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 27th comment:
sankoachaea said:
Glad I'm not the only one lost here..

You two should get a double dildo. It's not often we get to see double anal by a pair of assholes here.

Oh, wait….

Anyways, fuck ya kindly. I'm not gonna bother with MB anymore if your just gonna be a hostile prick in every single thread with a selective understanding of English.
12 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 28th comment:
Hi SSolvarain, how are you doing? Sometimes we overreact and it ends up making us look bad instead of the people that irritate us. Some people just have a knack for pissing people off, even if they don't do it intentionally. The real problem arises when nobody else sees a reason for our reaction, because they aren't quite as irritated by the people as you are. I have really made an ass of myself before because I was just so frustrated by the kind of responses I received.

EDIT: My post doesn't make much sense after re-reading it. What I mean is that Sanko is abrasive, but that response was a bit over the top.
14 Apr, 2011, donky wrote in the 29th comment:
plamzi said:
The strange realism of the art has to do with the fact that I like paying my artists, and my budget is modest. If I could afford the expensive ones, I'm sure I'd get Barbies wielding swords as big as chopper propellers (industry standard). But since I can't, I have to point my players to the (important for me) fact that my artist depicted a diverse set of characters (some non-white and non-black) with diverse physiques (some are definitely chubby, and I don't mean the dwarves).
That sounds like it worked out pretty well to me, an argument for not making triple-A budgeted games in my book! Especially if I never have to see another ridiculously large sword again. :biggrin:
14 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 30th comment:
donky said:
plamzi said:
The strange realism of the art has to do with the fact that I like paying my artists, and my budget is modest. If I could afford the expensive ones, I'm sure I'd get Barbies wielding swords as big as chopper propellers (industry standard). But since I can't, I have to point my players to the (important for me) fact that my artist depicted a diverse set of characters (some non-white and non-black) with diverse physiques (some are definitely chubby, and I don't mean the dwarves).
That sounds like it worked out pretty well to me, an argument for not making triple-A budgeted games in my book! Especially if I never have to see another ridiculously large sword again. :biggrin:

My sword is bigger than yours–that's all I'm gonna say! :grinning:

Also, added a live Twitter feed. Events are broadcast from the server to playbedlam.com and directly into twitter. PM me if you're interested in doing something like that for your game and I'll send you some files + details that will save you time. It's not hard to do.
17 Apr, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 31st comment:
Hey so i checked out Playbedlam.com today.

Website looks good, but i had a few issues with the client.

1) I got an unusual amount of ] characters after logging in spanning a couple lines. This also happens alot randomly while playing.

2) When it showed me my stats and asked if i would like to retrain, i put in 'y' but instead was put at the main menu.

3) when i type 'new' at the bottom i get this
[ Return to continue, uit, efresh, (b)ack, or pagenumber (1/23) ]
where the Q should be in Quit i have an image on a scroll that links to the qlist command, and where the R should be in Refresh i have a picture of a moon with a star linking to the rent command.

4) Hitting return to continue as the text suggest i do makes the client put the look command in, thus i can not hit return to conitnue.

5) The whole thing is to tall for my screen causing me to have to scroll the window up and down. THis also causes a problem if im viewing the top of the page and new text comes in it scrolls the whole browser window down on me.

6) The automapper doe not stay in its box when i have to scroll around. It scrolls with the screen.

7) The below text comes through, im assuming it shouldnt look like that at the end.
A small mouse is curiously watching you, expecting to be fed perhaps. [kill]3.mou se[/]

and this text

onmouseover='mobHoverOn("a huge mouse","100")'onmouseout='mobHoverOff()'>A huge black mouse is searching for food here.

Thats all i got so far.

_-menser-_
17 Apr, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 32nd comment:
RoFAdmin said:
Hey so i checked out Playbedlam.com today.

Website looks good, but i had a few issues with the client.

And your browser is……? :mad:
17 Apr, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 33rd comment:
My bad on not putting the browser and such.

Browser: firefox 3.6.16
17 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 34th comment:
RoFAdmin said:
My bad on not putting the browser and such.

Browser: firefox 3.6.16

Hi RoFAdmin, thanks for testing!

2 and 4 are resolved. 3 is going to take a server change to resolve fully but you should be able to press return to page now.

By automapper do you mean the minimap in the corner or the full automapper that shows up when you hit the compass icon? Also, are you holding any keyboard keys and how are you scrolling the window so that the automapper doesn't stay in place? (can't reproduce)

Where are you located in the world? I think with slower ping the likelihood of the code breaking and showing some of the html is higher. Does what you listed under 7 happen often? I'm still tweaking the way the sever sends the meta info and I'll try to make it more robust.

Thanks again.

P. S. I've now added "hover on mob" to see the icon and "hover on another player" to see their icon. Also added room backgrounds.
18 Apr, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 35th comment:
Heya plamzi-

Yeah by auto mapper i ment the one in the on the main screen. It happens no matter what i use to scroll up and down, keyboard or mousewheel. Not holding any special keys or anything.

I looked at the css for the page, the fbapp.css and i think your problem is actually in the mm tag. You have position set to fixed. A fixed position is relative to the browser window itself. So something set to display at a left of 300 and top of 300 will display at that position relative to the top left corner of the browser draw area, and it will stay at that position even if you scroll the page.

Im from chicago. Not sure where your server is based.

Also with everything not fitting on teh screen i fugred my resolution would help as well. 1600x900 on my laptop.

Hope that all helps

_-Menser-_
18 Apr, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 36th comment:
Hmm, also on occasion when new text comes in, ill get like 5-10 lines of blankness and then another ] prompt.
18 Apr, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 37th comment:
RoFAdmin said:
I looked at the css for the page, the fbapp.css and i think your problem is actually in the mm tag. You have position set to fixed. A fixed position is relative to the browser window itself. So something set to display at a left of 300 and top of 300 will display at that position relative to the top left corner of the browser draw area, and it will stay at that position even if you scroll the page.

Ooh, nice find! I'd forgotten about position: fixed. It's actually a really useful style for web-apps, because it lets you position things relative to the browser viewport instead of the page. And now I think this'll help me a bit with Aspect… :biggrin:
18 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 38th comment:
Wow, I feel privileged to be getting such excellent beta-testing.

RoFAdmin: the minimap should show correctly now. The issue was related to the 'fixed' attribute, as you suspected. The attribute worked fine (and saved me some time) when I was only supporting the Facebook iframe layout, but I added a standalone layout later and that's when this reared its ugly head. Nice catch!

There should be no '] ' or extra blank lines now.

For now, use browser zoom to fit the UI in the window. I'll have to tweak a number of things to address this properly.

And keep testing! (I mean, if you're having fun doing it, that is.)
18 Apr, 2011, RoFAdmin wrote in the 39th comment:
No problem, had some free time today and had wanted to check out your stuff for awhile.

The little map does indeed stay in place now.

There are also no more extra line returns or ] characters coming through so far.

So far i havent had any more text come through that was obviously supposed to be java-script either. Not sure what caused it initially or why it stopped though.

Couple suggestions from just playing around where there isnt anything really wrong.

1) Would it be possible to have my input come up in a nice bright color in the game area? Would make it handy to see output after what i typed. Does that make sense?

2) The help link you have points to another site, eyecandid.com or something? Is there a reason for this? Just wondering because i block all types of scripts normally, and since its a site separate from yours i have to allow that site to run scripts as well or the help link doesn't work. Like i said, not horrible, but i like to allow scripts to run from as little sites as possible, others may feel the same way.

Other then that everything appears to be working as intended from what i can tell, and looks sharp. Nice job man.

_-menser-_
18 Apr, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 40th comment:
@RoFAdmin

1) Done. Text input shown in bold bright yellow.

2) Moved the help files 'indoors'. The text is in a database so all I had to move was the reference script.

Cheers, and thanks for the thumbs-up.
20.0/46