28 Jun, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 23rd comment:
Votes: 0
kiasyn said:
I would use this. maybe even contribute O_O

I would too!
28 Jun, 2011, Scandum wrote in the 24th comment:
Deimos said:
I think this could be a cool idea, but I think you're likely going to end up crossing over into creating a codebase instead of a framework. For example, how will you provide any kind of generic structure for facilitating the creation of an arbitrary movement system?

Using an octree you can create anything from a galaxy to a cave system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octree
28 Jun, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 25th comment:
quixadhal said:
This was a silly idea not too many years ago, but nowadays, it's trivial to set up a new linux virtual machine, and making a custom linux distro that's specifically designed to do a single thing is also not absurd. Onlly bummer is, the name MudOS is already taken. *grin*

I think something very similar to that has been done.
It was called AVIOS.
ftp://sourcery.dyndns.org/archive/servers/othe...
28 Jun, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 26th comment:
JohnnyStarr said:
At the end of the day, the framework provides the building blocks to create "anything conceivable" within the confines of a sensible game environment.

There are so many frameworks to choose from already… MUSH, MUX, MOO, LPMud, ColdMud, MUQ.
30 Jun, 2011, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 27th comment:
Tyche said:
JohnnyStarr said:
At the end of the day, the framework provides the building blocks to create "anything conceivable" within the confines of a sensible game environment.

There are so many frameworks to choose from already… MUSH, MUX, MOO, LPMud, ColdMud, MUQ.

I think the appeal here is the Ruby language :biggrin:
But I don't need to tell you that :smirk:
20.0/27