20 Sep, 2011, qyrekii wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
To start off, I am not a coder/programmer one bit.. but I still want to commit and do it, start a mud. I've played muds for quite a few years - and while it was fun at first, the muds always seem to die because the owners have these 'grand' ideas that never got fulfilled.

I don't want that.. I just want to create a simple hack/slash mud.. because honestly, I will never have enough resources to create a graphical game. With that said! I've narrowed down two choices, Murk ++ that's uploaded by Tyche and Ram Fire by Quix/Mudder (and team.) They both look similar to the Rom/Rot style that I'm used to (all time fav muds - Creeping Death/Legends Untold).. but which is the better choice?
Because I'm not a coder I cannot really differentiate between the two, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
21 Sep, 2011, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
qyrekii said:
To start off, I am not a coder/programmer one bit.. but I still want to commit and do it, start a mud. I've played muds for quite a few years - and while it was fun at first, the muds always seem to die because the owners have these 'grand' ideas that never got fulfilled.

I don't want that.. I just want to create a simple hack/slash mud.. because honestly, I will never have enough resources to create a graphical game. With that said! I've narrowed down two choices, Murk ++ that's uploaded by Tyche and Ram Fire by Quix/Mudder (and team.) They both look similar to the Rom/Rot style that I'm used to (all time fav muds - Creeping Death/Legends Untold).. but which is the better choice?
Because I'm not a coder I cannot really differentiate between the two, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ram Fire is just a partial C++ port of the ROM codebase with a bunch of bug fixes. Murk++ is a complete translation of the Merc codebase to C++.
06 Oct, 2011, qyrekii wrote in the 3rd comment:
Thanks Davion, sorry for the late response :thinking: I got stuck in life and somewhat tried to play LoL and Runes of Magic - very time consuming!
06 Oct, 2011, Runter wrote in the 4th comment:
League of Legends seems to be addicting a lot of people these days. :p
08 Oct, 2011, Kjwah wrote in the 5th comment:
Runter said:
League of Legends seems to be addicting a lot of people these days. :p

Well, it's a game heavily inspired by DotA which is an extremely popular game as well so it's really no surprise. :D
0.0/5