04 Dec, 2012, Greyankh wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So I found an old version of the SoI codebase and I have it compiled.

I run into trouble with creating the databases. Here is the makefile that gives me trouble.
install-mysql:
echo "Installing MySQL Databases\nPlease enter your root password:\n"
/usr/bin/mysql –user=root mysql -p < init.sql
/usr/bin/mysql –user=root mysql -p < load.sql
/usr/bin/mysql –user=root mysql -p < helpfile.sql
/usr/bin/mysql –user=root mysql -p < server_logs.sql

I get errors various errors as I change things. I changed root to my login name, since it is the name used on my portion of the database. I get "not authorized". I tried to change the path and I get "can't find file or directory" so I think I have the path right.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
04 Dec, 2012, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
Did you try just typing: 'mysql -u (username) -p(password)' in your shell to verify that you can connect? Also, note that there is no space between the -p argument and the start of the password.

P.S. Your username is awfully familiar…
04 Dec, 2012, Greyankh wrote in the 3rd comment:
Hey Lyanic,

I did that. I don't have access.

Thanks

p.s. I hear that a lot. ;)
08 Dec, 2012, Bangarang wrote in the 4th comment:
I wouldn't recommend using that version of the SoI Code. It's pretty terrible.

I emailed with you a little bit from your mudconnector post, kicking around some ideas but it seems like you've found a project. In the spirit of wanting
to see more RPI's out there, I could probably get you access to a much better version.

From that makefile, I wouldn't even bother and just manually upload the files, if you are intent on using it though.
08 Dec, 2012, Greyankh wrote in the 5th comment:
Hey Bangarang,

I took KaVir's advice from MudConnector and moved directions a bit. I secured web space and shell access. Now I am in the process of meshing, shredding, and ripping a few codebases into something that I can get to work. Working primarily on the socket code right now.

I agree, the SoI codebase is a mess. There are some good ideas in it and I will probably recreate them in a newer codebase.

Once I get this up and running, I would, ideally, just like to be the coder and have other people do all the administration stuff.

Grey
0.0/5