17 Feb, 2013, drummerboy23 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi, I'm new to the mud bytes community. Im currently working on a game, based on a sliders/startrek/starwars theme. I'm merging those kind of into one, and making it around that technology. So its gana have the spaceships weapons and some of the races and enemy starships like those but the idea is to use those themes, and make my own style of game. Also, I've noticed with most of the games, there's the same kind of activities most of the times. I'd like to change that up a bit and implement different things. Like grown combat, air combat, maby if I can, we'd be able to implement water combat as well like in pirate ships and stuff like that. Maby even submarine as well. Its a hole new turn in muds I know but with some work I think we could pull it off. Any one interested, contact me on my email or pm me for more details or maby just replying. Should do. Its based on lambda
17 Feb, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
+100 for Sliders

-1000 for the atrocious spelling/grammar
17 Feb, 2013, drummerboy23 wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yep I know. just a quick msg. how ever, my grammer is kind of different from you guys. and sometimes it's not all with spelling although it scores more points. that's why I work with other people. I can better my english. though it's my first language, I didn't get a good language class. so now I'm learning much on my own. hoping to get it down. I hope I can get someone to jump on board. I'll have a spellchecker ready lol. I choose those themes because I seen lots and lots of people based their game on one thing or one show or cartoon. how ever I want to make it different. make it verry fun and interesting for people. so they wouldn't get bord with limitted stuff if I make any sence. or is it sense. lol homophones haha.
17 Feb, 2013, Igabod wrote in the 4th comment:
The reason nobody has combined those themes for a game is because it would be next to impossible to do it while making sense. Nor would you get many of the true fans of those series because they often love one and loathe the others. It is far easier and better to take ONE of the themes and then make a mud that is as fun as possible within the parameters of that theme. If you try to include them all then you are only going to end up pissing the fans of one of them or all of them off and losing players. However, you could create a NEW theme using the various traits of those series that fit the game best. That way you don't risk upsetting fans but you still have a possibility of attracting them because it's something new which is similar to the movie/tv show they are already in love with. But you can't have Klingons and Wookiees walking around together and expect people to like it. You would need to create new races and planets and just about everything else.
17 Feb, 2013, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 5th comment:
Hey man, do what you want.

I don't see why you can't blend the two at all. You could throw "Quantum Leap" in there and it could work.
The entire point of a MUD is to fulfil your fantasies and those of your players. I don't know why people want to
play a MUD that is 100% rational. With high-fantasy games where my "Mage" beats his "Orc" doesn't hold any
real-world value. So why can't you make it to where a portal is opened on to the bridge of the Enterprise?

Meanwhile, the portal broke space and time to the most distant part of the Universe, in a galaxy far far away?
Thus allowing a "Star Destroyer" to fly through a portal.

Anyway, enough from me, more from you. Do what you want.
17 Feb, 2013, drummerboy23 wrote in the 6th comment:
:) that's my point. you take a game, and make what ever you have in your head come true. from a fiction of a fly dog to a flying dog that shoot missiles. that's why I need some coders. if anyone would like to be on bord can pm or email me directly
17 Feb, 2013, drummerboy23 wrote in the 7th comment:
I'm not gana take the hole thing of each of themes and smash them together, but take sertain things of the themes. like technology and ideas from the, and make my own thing. I'm also thinking like over 60 planets plus space combat. air combat. water combat. grown combat. plus going out of local space to find objects, running into more things. getting sucked into black holes, ending up in different dimentions. and much more. me alone coding that is gana take me proberbly about 2 to 3 years. since I'm working, I'm a music producer,/singer/musician/drummer.
0.0/7