30 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hoping someone here might be able to help with this.

I've been running into some problems with MySQL lately on the Arthmoor server. Apparently I'm getting enough connections to run into some kind of limit on CPU threads and I can't figure out how to resolve it.

mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't create a new thread (errno 11); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug

I've scoured the crappy MySQL documentation but to no avail. There's no indication on what I need to do to solve this. Google had some hints about running out of server memory but I'm nowhere near doing so. There's no indication of any kind of setting to raise the maximum number of threads.

This problem only seems to manifest when 10 threads have connected to the server. After that, no more can be created and sites start getting errors.
30 Sep, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
Samson said:
There's no indication of any kind of setting to raise the maximum number of threads.

Raising the number of threads would have been my guess, so … :thinking: It's possible (likely?) that there is such an option, it's just very hard to find.
30 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
I tried the obvious choice and stuck "max_threads=20" in the my.cnf file but the SQL server refused to start with that in there.
30 Sep, 2007, Omega wrote in the 4th comment:
Throw a rock at it…. Oi… one more reason i don't like SQL, but yet, its still starting to grow on me…. Which honestly, its like fungus…
0.0/4