16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Just wanted to know if I am the only one.

If I telnet in from the shell terminal I can see that I am connected (mudbytes.net:2000), but it'll hang at the escape character echo. I don't get any prompt and nothing seems to be responding when I type. I was also unable to connect via putty on my vm on this machine. Here's the information:

I'm running OS X 10.4.10 via both Wireless and Wired on my school's network. I originally thought it might have been an issue with the school's network but I am easily able to connect to any MUD that I try. I also attempted to connect via a few of the Solaris servers that we have here at my college. Same result.

Right now I have don't have the ability to test it on an outside network. I'm just wondering if anyone has/is having any similar issues.
16 Oct, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
When I telnet to mudbytes.net:2000, I get the normal Talon prompt. Seems to be working here.
16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 3rd comment:
Then it has to be something on my end not getting through. I guess its time to go over to telecom and bitch.
16 Oct, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
now that -is- unusual.

grepping the log files with the ip your forum account is giving me (last time you logged in), i don't see any connection attempts, but that could be due to dynamic ip or whatever.
16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 5th comment:
Its not dynamic. There are just multiple mobile proxies on the wireless network. Here's the one I am currently on now: 128.235.76.224, the proxy should be: : 128.235.249.80 and dns (for current session): njit-border-ce01.njit.edu. It'll be hard to track by IP address due to how this network is setup.
16 Oct, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 6th comment:
There may have actually been a bug that would prevent you from getting fully connected, (just discovered it), try connecting now.
16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 7th comment:
dhcp76-224:~ jbellone$ telnet mudbytes.net 2000
Trying 209.190.9.170…
Connected to mudbytes.net.
Escape character is '^]'.

Still hanging. That's the output.
16 Oct, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 8th comment:
O_o, well I can see you connecting now, its just not sending you data?

I'm not sure whats going on here.
16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 9th comment:
I'm not getting anything. This is standard telnet. I tried connected from one of the Solaris boxes and got the same results. It might be something on my end, but I just find that very peculiar. If they were blocking it I wouldn't be able to connect. My school is pretty lax on what you can do. The only thing that they shape is Bittorrent traffic.
16 Oct, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
Would it be easy to write some socket code that opened the connection and tried reading the data sent by the server? That would let us see if you're receiving any data at all; if so, it could be some weird telnet issue. But if your socket program didn't get anything at all, it could be some network issue with packets being denied at the university level (???). (Mine does that, sort of; they shapes traffic on non-standard ports. Unfortunately, text games are very hard to play, but for some twisted reason 3d games still work decently…)
16 Oct, 2007, Cratylus wrote in the 11th comment:
remora: / $ uname -a
SunOS remora 5.10 Generic_125101-10 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
remora: / $ telnet mudbytes.net 2000
Trying 209.190.9.170…
Welcome to Talon. To begin, choose a name with the name command. Then
hit up imcchanlist to list the channels. imclisten <channel/all> to
listen to a channel. To leave, just use the quit command.
>^]q

telnet> q
Connection to mudbytes.net closed.
remora: / $

Works ok on Solaris x86

gamma: / $ uname -a
SunOS gamma 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 Solaris
gamma: / $ telnet mudbytes.net 2000
Trying 209.190.9.170…
Welcome to Talon. To begin, choose a name with the name command. Then
hit up imcchanlist to list the channels. imclisten <channel/all> to
listen to a channel. To leave, just use the quit command.
>^]

telnet> q
Connection to mudbytes.net closed.
gamma: / $

Works ok on Solaris sparc.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
16 Oct, 2007, Noplex wrote in the 12th comment:
I wrote a quick Java reader up. I'm not getting anything (which, is no surprised). Let me know if it works.

http://www.flipsidesoftware.com/code/Raw...

I have to run for a few. Be back in a bit.
16 Oct, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
Also unsurprisingly (since telnet works) that works for me too. I'm guessing we're starting to run out of options; maybe asking your uni's IT people is the best solution at this point.
0.0/13