02 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Have I3 and IMC2 been bridged? If so, does the IMC2 freedom client support it?

If not, does anyone know of an I3 module that has been ported to any flavor of diku (circle/merc/rom/smaug) that has been open-sourced?

I'm considering adding intermud chat capability to my mud, trying to get some information on what I'm looking at in order to port IMC2 and I3 capability into it. The freedom client for IMC2 looks easy enough to port over, but I've been having a difficult time finding anything for I3 that isn't built on a LPMud lib.
02 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file...

It's not a bridge, but there is a client for Diku based MUDs. I no longer provide much in the way of support for it though because the client is pretty flaky and involves a lot of string manipulation which makes Samson very unhappy :)

There was a primitive bridge I had built at one time that would link an IMC2 server up with an I3 router and pass the packets between the two, but it does poorly with the current setup of I3 that Cratylus has in place now. It had a tendency to get stuck in loops trying to handle the information. So I took it down a long time ago. I still have the code but it's a mess and I'd be uncomfortable with the idea of releasing it publicly.
02 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 3rd comment:
It's not a bridge, but there is a client for Diku based MUDs. I no longer provide much in the way of support for it though because the client is pretty flaky and involves a lot of string manipulation which makes Samson very unhappy :)

Thanks much. I'll see what I can do.
0.0/3