30 Sep, 2008, Zastko wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I have a swfote2.1 running on my server, and I haven't run a MUD in a couple of years. So I was going around editing some stuff to get rid of some of the bugs when I looked at the wizlist. I wanted to change where it says "SWFoTe 2.1" and put it to my MUDs title. I shutdown, changed the WIZLIST file, and rebooted and it reverted back to the old one. Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but why is it reverting back to the older WIZLIST file?
30 Sep, 2008, Caius wrote in the 2nd comment:
Try this in the game:

cset mudname MyFote Mud
makewizlist

Where 'MyFote Mud' is whatever your mud's name is. The 'makewizlist' command will rebuild a new wizlist using the new name.
30 Sep, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
Changing the Wizlist file will do absolutely nothing for you. The Mud's boot regiment will delete the file and make a new one. So Like Caius said, you'll need to use the cset command to change the mudname or I believe there's a mud abbreviation or acronym setting in FotE as well. Try setting both of these and then using the makewizlist command from inside the game.
01 Oct, 2008, Zastko wrote in the 4th comment:
Thanks guys, kind of feel like a idiot after asking this question :redface:
01 Oct, 2008, Caius wrote in the 5th comment:
Zastko said:
Thanks guys, kind of feel like a idiot after asking this question :redface:

No need to feel that way. We've all been in the same situation when we started out.
0.0/5