02 Dec, 2008, ShadowsDawn wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Fizban said:
Either Banner removed the comparisons page or their ISP was much less forgiving than they claimed as said page has been removed.

Much more likely that they removed it themselves. Most the ISP would do is issue cease and desist, or pull the plug on their connection if anything at all most likely.
02 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 62nd comment:
Banner said:
But since none of you can afford the cash, we are offering everything for free now.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with a statement like that?
02 Dec, 2008, Michael wrote in the 63rd comment:
Fizban.. you really have nothing better to do, do you? As I've stated, my ISP couldn't care less, you(of most people) are complaining about our "100% free" advertisement so we are revamping the website to make it just that, 100% free. So go and find something else to do. And apologies to others who I've misunderstood and thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction. Again, this is a personal project.
02 Dec, 2008, Banner wrote in the 64th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:
But since none of you can afford the cash, we are offering everything for free now.

I can only guess that's the problem with us charging $20 and getting more than you get for about $300.
02 Dec, 2008, ShadowsDawn wrote in the 65th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

I think it means he needs a hug David.
02 Dec, 2008, Banner wrote in the 66th comment:
ShadowsDawn said:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

I think it means he needs a hug David.

Hardly.
02 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 67th comment:
Banner said:
Fizban said:
Either Banner removed the comparisons page or their ISP was much less forgiving than they claimed as said page has been removed.

No, I removed it. As Michael clearly said, in case you didn't read it, we had permission. But since none of you can afford the cash, we are offering everything for free now. Nope, we're not leaving town, nice try though.

Hey moron, do you even read before quoting? You quoted me stating I read it and then wrote "in case you didn't read it". Believe it or not but when I post: "or their ISP was much less forgiving than they claimed" the knowledge of me knowing what was claimed is rather apparent.

DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

I believe he's stupidly attempt to make the inference that we only complain about his false advertising because we can't afford the prices listed and that if we could we'd apparently not have an issue with the prices even though the site states they're free. Because apparently he thinks none of us work, or that $20 is an absolute ton of money even though probably half of us make more than that in an hour and only have an issue with the wording of the site and his reactions on these forums and not with anything at all related to the amount of the "donations".
02 Dec, 2008, ShadowsDawn wrote in the 68th comment:
Banner said:
I can only guess that's the problem with us charging $20 and getting more than you get for about $300.

No problem with you charging the fee. It was the claim of 100% free, when there are paid hosting levels. Had you said we have a free hosting level, then no problems at all. Well other than the concern of the ISP issue.
02 Dec, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 69th comment:
Banner wrote:
Hardly.

Oh I think so! Just look at the time!

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/hugstime2.jpg
02 Dec, 2008, Guest wrote in the 70th comment:
Banner said:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

Well I can't speak for the others, but all I was asking about was where the "+ tax" thing came from, considering I don't charge any and it isn't required by law here.
02 Dec, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 71st comment:
Banner said:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

Take a lesson from Michael, and quite being so spiteful. We were expressing a COMMUNITY CONCERN. Since as Michael stated, he was doing this to give back to the community. The community took offense to 100% free meaning requiring donations. Michael's being adult about this. You seem so sure that you know all of our financial situations that you can claim that we can't afford $20. Fizban raised an interesting question which you seem to be ignoring. If EvilEye is such great hosting, why don't you use it?
02 Dec, 2008, Banner wrote in the 72nd comment:
Fizban said:
Banner said:
Fizban said:

No, I removed it. As Michael clearly said, in case you didn't read it, we had permission. But since none of you can afford the cash, we are offering everything for free now. Nope, we're not leaving town, nice try though.

Hey moron, do you even read before quoting? You quoted me stating I read it and then wrote "in case you didn't read it". Believe it or not but when I post: "or their ISP was much less forgiving than they claimed" the knowledge of me knowing what was claimed is rather apparent.

DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

I believe he's stupidly attempt to make the inference that we only complain about his false advertising because we can't afford the prices listed and that if we could we'd apparently not have an issue with the prices even though the site states they're free. Because apparently he thinks none of us work, or that $20 is an absolute ton of money even though probably half of us make more than that in an hour and only have an issue with the wording of the site and his reactions on these forums and not with anything at all related to the amount of the "donations".

Heh. Got under Fizban's skin. That's got to be a first.
02 Dec, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 73rd comment:
BTW this thread is now officially Legendary.

Good job everyone!

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/legendary_thread.jpg
02 Dec, 2008, Davion wrote in the 74th comment:
Fizban said:

Please tone it down. Lets not get insulting here.
02 Dec, 2008, Banner wrote in the 75th comment:
Kayle said:
Take a lesson from Michael, and quite being so spiteful. We were expressing a COMMUNITY CONCERN. Since as Michael stated, he was doing this to give back to the community. The community took offense to 100% free meaning requiring donations. Michael's being adult about this. You seem so sure that you know all of our financial situations that you can claim that we can't afford $20. Fizban raised an interesting question which you seem to be ignoring. If EvilEye is such great hosting, why don't you use it?

I've pre-paid my Genesismuds account for several months and I'm not backing out on that. Now go ahead and flame me over that.
02 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 76th comment:
Banner said:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

Err? $300? I can buy a brand new PC for $300. Here's a $300 dollar dell. (I could get much much better deals off newegg but let's show what even an average person with no PC knowledge can get for $300.)

Intel® Celeron® processor 450 (2.2GHz, 800 FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Service Pack 1
Microsoft Works 9.0
1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMs
320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
16X DVD+/-RW Drive
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
Dell 19 in 1 Media Card Reader

Sure, that's a shitty PC, but its specs beat the heck out of what you were offering (note I'm stating it beats the specs you're allocating each user and not necessarily the total specs of the PC being used for the hosting), and it's a $299 PC. I'm really getting tired of your ridiculous claims.
02 Dec, 2008, Banner wrote in the 77th comment:
Fizban said:
Banner said:
DavidHaley said:
Banner said:

Err? $300? I can buy a brand new PC for $300. Here's a $300 dollar dell. (I could get much much better deals off newegg but let's show what even an average person with no PC knowledge can get for $300.)

Intel® Celeron® processor 450 (2.2GHz, 800 FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Service Pack 1
Microsoft Works 9.0
1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMs
320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
16X DVD+/-RW Drive
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
Dell 19 in 1 Media Card Reader

Sure, that's a shitty PC, but its specs beat the heck out of what you were offering (note I'm stating it beats the specs you're allocating each user and not necessarily the total specs of the PC being used for the hosting), and it's a $299 PC. I'm really getting tired of your ridiculous claims.

And I tire of your trolling, but since only one of our claims are true, I guess there's nothing we can do about it.
02 Dec, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 78th comment:
Banner said:
Kayle said:

I've pre-paid my Genesismuds account for several months and I'm not backing out on that. Now go ahead and flame me over that.

You've advertised evileye hosting several times on TMC, likely before the beginning of this year so I'm really not buying that is was pre-paid till past now from then. Also surely you could get free hosting from evileye so if their packages are better than genesismuds I see no reason to not use them over genesismuds whether you've already paid genesismuds or not.
02 Dec, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 79th comment:
Banner said:
Now go ahead and flame me over that.

Ok, I don't know how else to put this…

No one has been flaming you!
02 Dec, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 80th comment:
btw…
60.0/188