17 Aug, 2006, bael wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
several friends and i are trying to get color to work in our diku gamma mud. is color built into this by default and im just too stupid to turn it on or configure it… or will i have to get/write a mod to make this work?

again, we're running customized diku gamma code. im a beginner at the implementor side of muds… been a player for 10 years though. would appreciate any help i could get.

thanks a ton.
bael
17 Aug, 2006, Justice wrote in the 2nd comment:
Been quite a while since I've used DIKU, never did use gamma… so I can't tell you if it has color code support stock. I checked the repository for a snippet real quick and didn't see one. Anyway, if you need help writing a system for it, I can help with that. I've implemented it a few times in scratch codebases I was playing with…

Basically, the code should have a function to write text to it's connections, in that code you would need to add something that parses "color codes" into ANSI escape sequences. A search for ANSI on google should turn up some tables you can use. ANSI supports 16 colors, with foreground/background and underline/blink.
17 Aug, 2006, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'd think that you could probably download a copy of the latest version of SmaugFUSS and take a look at color.h & color.c to see how it's been done in SmaugFUSS (which is a Diku derivative) and then just do something similar in your codebase. But, as Justice said, I've never used gamma (nor Diku itself, for that matter) and don't know what color support you're looking at trying to change to begin with. So this is just a shot in the dark idea for you to explore.
18 Aug, 2006, bael wrote in the 4th comment:
thanks for the replies! i'm downloading that as we speak. i found some color code that i think is similar… what do you think about this… look close enough to start with? they are essentially the same, i think.

1. http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/c...
2. http://www.mudmagic.com/codes/server-sni...

im sorry if i linked outside to other competing sites… not sure if thats against policy here or not. anyway… i think this was what you were talking about.
18 Aug, 2006, bael wrote in the 5th comment:
ok…. so ill have to edit the comm.c and probably comm.h file? add the color.h file and im thinking something else…. am i on the right track here?
18 Aug, 2006, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Linking to outside sites is fine, but keep in mind some members here have been banned from viewing anything on Mudmagic and might not be able to offer opinions on stuff you find there. At least not without expending extra effort to proxy around the bans.
19 Aug, 2006, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
BTW, the Circle code is probably closer to compatible with your base. The one from mudmagic is intended for a Merc base and would require a lot more modification to work for you.
15 May, 2009, jamez wrote in the 8th comment:
Gamma 0.0 will support very simple color out of the box not sure if it will help or not but I have tried it on a stock gamma 0.0 and it worked. Add what is below to the begining and end of the strings you want in color. I know these colors have diff names but i don't know the proper names so i'll just put what they look like. There are more. I'll take a look at my source and see what the others are and post them.

light blue = \x1BGamma 0.0 will support very simple color out of the box not sure if it will help or not but I have tried it on a stock gamma 0.0 and it worked. Add what is below to the begining and end of the strings you want in color. I know these colors have diff names but i don't know the proper names so i'll just put what they look like. There are more. I'll take a look at my source and see what the others are and post them.

light blue = \x1B[36m \x1B[0m
purple = \x1B[35m \x1B[0m
yellow = \x1B[33m \x1B[0m
15 May, 2009, Skol wrote in the 9th comment:
James, that last post was 3 years ago… chances are the problem doesn't exist anymore.
15 May, 2009, jamez wrote in the 10th comment:
Well its there now if anyone else has the same issue in the future.
0.0/10