06 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 141st comment:
Votes: 0
It's not technically voting but it might help though, in making a decision. Hey, don't complain :) Asking for your input (I could not have)
06 Aug, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 142nd comment:
Davion said:
It's not technically voting but it might help though, in making a decision. Hey, don't complain :) Asking for your input (I could not have)

ain't no complainin' here boss, just askin' t't question
06 Aug, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 143rd comment:
Davion said:
As well as the current precedent for enforcing the rules.

Now if it were a question on a test,
I'd probably miss it. Hopefully these
candidates will publish a list of their
pet projects, software, topics, oxen,
and orthodoxies that noone may
violate, argue or gore.
07 Aug, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 144th comment:
Vote Chris Bailey, Mudbytes Moderator - 2009 =P
07 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 145th comment:
I'd do it.

Everyone dislikes me (save Hades_Kane) unanimously.
07 Aug, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 146th comment:
I have no dislike for you. You're actually a pretty entertaining guy from what I've seen on here.
07 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 147th comment:
Trying to gain favor already, eh? :lol:
07 Aug, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 148th comment:
Of course, you might be the supreme-moderator one day and it never hurts to be on the side of the supreme-moderator. :wink:
07 Aug, 2009, Davion wrote in the 149th comment:
So far only 11 people have thrown suggestions my way as far as moderators go, is it true that there's so little interest in this? You can still pm me your 3 names though! Would really like to hear from as many as you guys as possible.
07 Aug, 2009, Kline wrote in the 150th comment:
I have plenty of interest in it, but only as far as seeing it come to fruition. I'm interested in the destination, not the journey (aka nominating names), in this case ;)
07 Aug, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 151st comment:
Davion said:
So far only 11 people have thrown suggestions my way as far as moderators go, is it true that there's so little interest in this? You can still pm me your 3 names though! Would really like to hear from as many as you guys as possible.

Can we get a recap in a fresh, locked thread, or a news article? I'm a bit lost as to what's going on due to the retorts, counter-retorts, napalm spraying, officious remarks, blank stares, uncomprehending responses and general troll bait.
07 Aug, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 152nd comment:
I didn't realize that the thread was full of all that stuff. The recap is that they're looking to appoint moderators who will assist in, well, moderation. Davion would like people to give three suggestions. (These are not votes.) The other proposal is to have a forum in which moderation action is posted, so that everybody is aware of what happens.
07 Aug, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 153rd comment:
I'm still thinking on the three names I'd like to suggest.

So far I'm thinking Cratylus, Tyche, and Scandum though…
07 Aug, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 154th comment:
Hades_Kane said:

The notion of having Scandum as a moderator really seems like taking the whole post-modernist irony thing a little too far. :surprised:
07 Aug, 2009, Runter wrote in the 155th comment:
Hades_Kane said:

At least one of your choices aren't suspended. (Yet)
08 Aug, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 156th comment:
I was totally kidding if that didn't come across :p

I was just trying to get a few chuckles (I literally laughed at loud when I saw someone nominate Icculus). I'm still trying to figure out who all here I feel like I know of their personalities well enough to be able to recommend them.

Edited to add:
Would there be any way to compile a list of members who have been active in the last 2 months who also have more than like 100 posts for us to examine? Short of anyone that I've spoken to recently, I'm drawing blanks on people :p
08 Aug, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 157th comment:
I think moderators are a good idea. Someone not 'connected' with the admins and have a pretty level head would be great.

I have nothing against Samson or Davion (or Kayle for that matter) but it seems like people think they rule with an iron fist of striking +3 damage, so that's why I said not 'connected' to admins.

My two cents.
08 Aug, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 158th comment:
But I'm not an Admin…?
08 Aug, 2009, Dean wrote in the 159th comment:
It seems everyone but you knew that you were an Admin Kayle! :lol:
08 Aug, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 160th comment:
Davion said:
So far only 11 people have thrown suggestions my way as far as moderators go, is it true that there's so little interest in this?

Has there been more than 15 people posting on Mudbytes in the last week?
140.0/397