19 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
jurdendurden said:
Pretty sure they didn't make these graphics, as I've seen them before here.

I think they must have extended the tileset; the LostGarden tiles are fairly sparse and don't include e.g. the bridge tile they're using.
19 Feb, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 42nd comment:
Ahh true there is some original work in there didn't notice that before.
20 Feb, 2010, Unrivaledneo wrote in the 43rd comment:
Those screenshot aint SL ours are morefinal Fantasy style lol ill see if i can find a old screen shot.

I finally got cygwin to find my files, i though it had to be under c: like one tut said but after finding another one i realised it had to be under the cygwin folder in home DUH.

So I got it directed to the src folder and when I enter make all i get is

that same error all the way down the -rdynamics one.
20 Feb, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 44th comment:
Try removing the -rdynamic flag/option in your makefile.
20 Feb, 2010, Unrivaledneo wrote in the 45th comment:
I found this OS linux system online call ubuntu, anyone know if it would be anygood to mess with the MUD in it instead of windows?
20 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 46th comment:
Unrivaledneo said:
I found this OS linux system online call ubuntu, anyone know if it would be anygood to mess with the MUD in it instead of windows?

Ubuntu is one of the most popular and user-friendly distributions of Linux. I'd definitely recommend it over Cygwin, which I find to be inherently flawed. Even aside from Cygwin, I'm biased in favor of Linux systems. That's just me, though.
20 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 47th comment:
Yes. Or Fedora, or Debian (Ubuntu's "parent"), or AndLinux (which runs directly on Windows and is therefore easier to play with), or any number of other Linux distributions, really. I use Ubuntu myself (as a desktop OS too, for that matter). Several people run Linux in virtual machines.
20 Feb, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 48th comment:
50!
21 Feb, 2010, Unrivaledneo wrote in the 49th comment:
FInally got it compiled and running, thanks for the help now to learn how to edit areas and input my own stuff :d
21 Feb, 2010, Unrivaledneo wrote in the 50th comment:
Didnt mean to start a war here… was trying to get some info on what to play around with to get started and how to get started.

So far I have gotten SmaugFuss and afkmud both working and im move favoring AFKMUD for the reason theres more to it, just seems like theres more "features" already in that I want and will save me time doing it myself however i read smaugfuss is basically BUGfree… Anywho I had found this area editor program on gammon's site, though it seems pretty old i dont know if its compatible with either of the codebases im tinkering around with right now. Been searching for guides on editing the mud to how you wants it, so far no luck seems really no set guides for this
21 Feb, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 51st comment:
Unrivaledneo said:
Didnt mean to start a war here… was trying to get some info on what to play around with to get started and how to get started.

So far I have gotten SmaugFuss and afkmud both working and im move favoring AFKMUD for the reason theres more to it, just seems like theres more "features" already in that I want and will save me time doing it myself however i read smaugfuss is basically BUGfree… Anywho I had found this area editor program on gammon's site, though it seems pretty old i dont know if its compatible with either of the codebases im tinkering around with right now. Been searching for guides on editing the mud to how you wants it, so far no luck seems really no set guides for this

I don't think Gammon's Area Editor was ever updated for the new SmaugFUSS KEY'd area format.

As far as getting started, with SmaugFUSS vassign is used to give yourself vnums to build with, redit is used for editing rooms, ocreate and oset are used for objects, and mcreate and mset are used for mobs. AFKMud works similarly, with the edition of the Menu-based BUilding commands which I believe (I could be wrong, been a while since I messed with AFKMud) are omedit, ooedit, and oredit.

[Edit:] I also wouldn't really say that SmaugFUSS is bug-free. I'm sure there are still a few lingering bugs that we haven't managed to squash yet. But for the most part it is fairly free of bugs.
21 Feb, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 52nd comment:
Unrivaledneo said:

You should check out lola as well. It has an easy going license, several cool features you won't find in other merc derivatives, bug free, and works well with cygwin.
21 Feb, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 53rd comment:
I've split the license discussion to this thread so the OP can continue to get advice here.
21 Feb, 2010, Unrivaledneo wrote in the 54th comment:
Well the more I play with SF more i like it and learning alot, though I have found a few snippets I would like to put into the game to test out how they work… however there really is no set of instructions how to get it working…
25 Feb, 2010, Kline wrote in the 55th comment:
Did you ever get something up/running to play with yet?
40.0/55