<!--X-TopPNI-->

Date:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00704.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00701.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thread:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00701.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00704.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Index:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<A HREF="author.html#00700">Author</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="#00700">Date</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="thread.html#00700">Thread</A>
&nbsp;]

<!--X-TopPNI-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-->
<!--X-Subject-Header-Begin-->
<H1>DarkWhole Test #1</H1>
<HR>
<!--X-Subject-Header-End-->
<!--X-Head-of-Message-->
<UL>
<LI><em>To</em>: <A HREF="mailto:mud-dev#null,net">mud-dev#null,net</A></LI>
<LI><em>Subject</em>: DarkWhole Test #1</LI>
<LI><em>From</em>: J C Lawrence &lt;<A HREF="mailto:claw#under,engr.sgi.com">claw#under,engr.sgi.com</A>&gt;</LI>
<LI><em>Date</em>: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:13:15 -0800</LI>
</UL>
<!--X-Head-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-Begin-->
<HR>
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-End-->
<!--X-Body-of-Message-->
<PRE>

<A  HREF="http://www.actlab.utexas.edu/~smack/darkwhole/one.html">http://www.actlab.utexas.edu/~smack/darkwhole/one.html</A>

                   DARKWHOLE RUN #1

You enter a cement bunker, crowded and cramped with broken images, half-truths
and huge pieces of destroyed and plundered MOO. It is dark, but you can make
out an old wooden table, some chairs, and a honeycomb of small holes in the
far wall. On the table is a bowl of small wax figures, faces contorted. You
note, one looks just like you ...

palefist is sitting at the table.
You see DarkWhole here.
Visual_Mark and honoria are here.
palefist [to Smack]: are you bugging the whole moo?
feed darkwhole
Smack pushes the entire bowl onto the floor.
!!CRASH!!
Pieces of identity and virtual glass form a liquidous mesh over the floor.
You say, "yup"
Visual_Mark says, "Wait!"
palefist asks, "we should test it on ourselves first, no?"
Large black scampering rats bolt from the piles of burnt debris, become
entangled in the web and leap down the DarkWhole of holes.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "So... how do I lengthen the room
description?"
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "Darren told me I was strong..."
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { Zoomeister (#10340) seems to have made silent entry, 1305
seconds ago.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { Callie (#10558) seems to have made silent entry, 3279
seconds ago.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
Visual_Mark says, "How do I listen!?"
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "too long?"
DarkWhole emits { Speedyhare has disconnected.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "you are"
You say, "type listen darkwhole"
Visual_Mark leans close to the DarkWhole for a listen.
DarkWhole emits { Kraj [to Horosco_Noanma]: like what?
DarkWhole emits { The waitress nods to kip, and writes on her notepad.
DarkWhole emits { Weekend_Guest has connected.
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "And do you do anything else occultish
besides the tarot?"
You hear the melodic notes of the song SuzyQ by Creedance Clearwater Revival
as this message has been brought to you...
She pages, "Stop it."
DarkWhole emits { Kraj (argh) drinks some Pepsi.
DarkWhole emits { You see a faint shimmering force wrapping itself around
Nathaire and hugging him warmly...
DarkWhole emits { Rory has disconnected.
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy has connected.
DarkWhole emits { Then the shimmering force dissipates slowly and silently...
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "I could condense the firt two sentences"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "picture 2 people on a cliffs edge"
You say, " well I got one taker... SuzyQ"
DarkWhole emits { Weekend_Guest teleports out.
DarkWhole emits { Weekend_Guest teleports in.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "I guess I am...I usually pull through."
Visual_Mark [to Smack]: eh?
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ nods.
You say, " she pages quit it"
Visual_Mark grins.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress comes over, and hands kip his geriatric love.
He promptly pays for it, including a tip.
DarkWhole emits { Kraj says, "If this were to be perfectly leisurious, one
would log on, sit in the coffee shop, and not react to anyone or anything."
DarkWhole emits { kip [kraj]: True... but what if one percieves of this
activity as leisure. Do you really feel that leisure does not imply mental
activity?
An inky grin crawls across palefist's face.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "one person has his back to the
cliff...watching the forrest...thinking how nice and level and solid the
forrest is, feeling confident"
DarkWhole emits { kip takes a genteel sip of geriatric love.
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "Here's the trouble:"
Visual_Mark smirks profusely.
DarkWhole emits { Weekend_Guest has disconnected.
DarkWhole emits { The housekeeper arrives to remove Weekend_Guest.
DarkWhole emits { kip gets out a dictionary.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer teleports in.
You say, " we can shut it down any time you like"
DarkWhole emits { Speedyhare has connected.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer (#10935) seems to have made silent entry, 10 seconds
ago.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer (Immortal) walks into the Information Booth.
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire groans.
honoria [to Smack]: how long til you get caught you think?
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "the other persone is looking over the
cliff...terrified out of their skull, but refuses to back away"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "who is stronger?"
Smack shrugs.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer (Immortal) comes walking out of the Information
Booth.
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "A cyberpunk I am definitely not."
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "Your text was about five characters too long
for the computer to take all in one! Imagine that! I broke it into two
lines."
DarkWhole emits { Kraj says, "Leisure implies relaxation, and I have found
that the moo is at times not very relaxing. However the definiation of
relaxation is relative and so can be taken with a grain of salt."
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "One Sec."
DarkWhole emits { A small swarm of 3x5 index cards arrives, engulfs Oceanus
(Are you interested in signing Lumper's birthday card?), and carries me away.
You say, "dont look like too much is happnin"
DarkWhole emits { Scammer (#10935) seems to have made silent entry, 17 seconds
ago.
DarkWhole emits { MOOnbeam departs in one minute. All aboard!
DarkWhole emits { Horosco_Noanma sits down at the table.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "The second one...of course."
DarkWhole emits { Bonham nods.
DarkWhole emits { Chyna says, "What do you mean?"
DarkWhole emits { You hear what sounds like loud conversation coming from the
lobby.
DarkWhole emits { You hear what sounds like loud conversation coming from the
lobby.
DarkWhole emits { Kraj (argh) finishes off the last of the Pepsi and slams the
mug down on the table.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress comes up to Kraj and takes the mug of Pepsi.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress disappears into the crowd again.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "but which one would you thing would feel
stronger?"
DarkWhole emits { kip. o O ( leisure n. time free from work, in which one is
free to do as one chooses. )
You say, " 17 kids out"
Visual_Mark says, "Is this coming from all over the MOO?"
DarkWhole emits { Chyna is confused.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress nods to Horosco Noanma (playing), and writes on
her notepad.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "my server is going down in 3 minuits"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham lets out a long sigh.
You say, " from 17 sites"
DarkWhole emits { Eternal-Champion just checked his vital stats.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says in agreement, "All right, O.K."
Visual_Mark nods.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "but answer the question"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "Try to get back on...I understand."
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "You lost me with even that easy set of
instructions."
DarkWhole emits { A small swarm of 3x5 index cards blows in and disperses,
revealing Oceanus (Are you interested in signing Lumper's birthday card?).
DarkWhole emits { kip [kraj]: I think agree with Oxford on the definition.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "hello?"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "The first one..."
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy teleports out.
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy teleports in.
DarkWhole emits { kip [kraj]: And that's what it is a question of.
DarkWhole emits { MOOnbeam departs for it's next stop.
DarkWhole emits { Kraj says, "by that definition then I have lost, but I
hardly consider this leisure, it something I do in my spare time, but not my
leisure time."
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "sorry, thought they booted me"
DarkWhole emits { Chyna smiles.
DarkWhole emits { Sanity Just got out of one of Boris' limos thanx to feature
#7531!
DarkWhole emits { Bonham nods.
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "Howzzat?"
Smack pushes the entire bowl onto the floor.
DarkWhole emits { Sanity says, "Greetings!"
!!CRASH!!
Pieces of identity and virtual glass form a liquidous mesh over the floor.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "I get it..."
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "so what is going on with you these days?"
DarkWhole emits { The housekeeper arrives to cart Volcano off to bed.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress comes over, and hands Horosco_Noanma your hot
chocolate. You promptly pays for it, including a tip.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ smiles.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer says, "hi"
Large black scampering rats bolt from the piles of burnt debris, become
entangled in the web and leap down the DarkWhole of holes.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { I don't understand that.
DarkWhole emits { kip [kraj]: You are perfectly right. Of course. Given your
definition of leisure.
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "Should i put the first two sentences together?"
DarkWhole emits { Chyna says, "How much do you know about the editor?"
You say, " 2 more"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "you are the second...of course you are
scared...feel in-secure, weak, helpless....."
DarkWhole emits { Whisper has disconnected.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ nods.
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "Not if you like it the way it is."
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "bugger all..."
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy hugs you
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "but at least you are dealing with reality"
DarkWhole emits { Sanity says, "how goes it? how come everyone's quiet? :)"
DarkWhole emits { Chyna laughs!
DarkWhole emits { Bonham shrugs his shoulders.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ is really loved by someone!
honoria [to Smack]: 2 more what?
DarkWhole emits { kip takes a genteel sip of geriatric love.
DarkWhole emits { The waitress nods to Kraj (argh), and writes on her notepad.
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire grins.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says, "Yea..."
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus sees I missed the . after year. I can put it in.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham is gonna be wearing tivas like Mutt if he keeps this
up
You say, " 2 more bugs, I opened 2 more connections"
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "I rather like this morph. It seems to get
a lot of attention"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham smiles.
DarkWhole emits { Chyna says, "okay. Go into the editor and I will prompt you
from there."
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift hugs Dark_Gypsy with a warm and loving embrace.
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "Did you know that if you catch the birthday
fairy over your bed in the ...."
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ smiles.
DarkWhole emits { A flaming arrow from Visual_Mark embeds itself in
the wall!
DarkWhole emits { A note attached to it reads:
DarkWhole emits { Puppet Masters!
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy smiles
DarkWhole emits { Nathaire says, "okey doke"
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "Which do you like better?"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham says, "I gotta go...I will try and get back on later"
DarkWhole emits { kip looks at Horosco.
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ says in agreement, "All right, O.K."
DarkWhole emits { Kraj says, "So how do you define your leisure, by oxford?"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham hugs SuzyQ with a warm and loving embrace.
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift says, "Really? All the girls like dark gypsies?"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ hugs Bonham with a warm and loving embrace.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham kisses SuzyQ lightly on the cheek.
You [to Visual_Mark]: cute
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "opps"
Visual_Mark giggles.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham french kisses SuzyQ passionately.
DarkWhole emits { Chyna says, "Don't worry about telling em okay....if you do
it like I tell you, you won't have any problems."
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "it would seem so"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ kisses Bonham lightly on the cheek.
DarkWhole emits { Scammer says, "AAARG Saturday nights suck!"
DarkWhole emits { Bonham bows.
DarkWhole emits { Chyna smiles.
DarkWhole emits { Bonham has disconnected.
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift says, "mmmm"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ plants kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and
kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and
kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and
kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and
kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and kisses, and
kisses and kisses, and kisses all over Bonham's face!
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg says, "Will he see"
DarkWhole emits { SuzyQ ends the kisses with a small peck onna nose of Bonham.
Visual_Mark says, "That was in the Coffee Shop."
DarkWhole emits { Cyborg goes home.
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus says, "Hey, he's here. Hush hush, the day isn't
till tomorrow."
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "you must have tapped a cultural nerve"
DarkWhole emits { kip scrolls back...
You say, " wanna shut it down?"
DarkWhole emits { Oceanus picks up Birthday Card for Lumper aka CARD.
DarkWhole emits { Sanity says, "oh?! yer not going out?"
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy laughs
DarkWhole emits { The waitress comes over, and hands Kraj her coffee. She
promptly pays for it, including a tip.
DarkWhole emits { Sanity smiles.
DarkWhole emits { Speedyhare lunges away from you seeing you have truned into
a horrid beast.
Visual_Mark shrugs its shoulders.
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift says, "u c this archetypal thing.... quite
widespread..."
DarkWhole emits { A small swarm of 3x5 index cards arrives, engulfs Nathaire,
and carries him away.
DarkWhole emits { Sanity [to Eternal-Champion]: hey!
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "terribly so"
DarkWhole emits { kip says, "leisure n. time free from work, in which one is
free to do as one chooses."
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift smiles.
DarkWhole emits { kip shrugs.
DarkWhole emits { Eternal-Champion [san]: hello
DarkWhole emits { elvissa is engulfed by the shadow of a demon.
DarkWhole emits { Kraj takes a sip of her coffee, "ah!, Is there creamand
or sugar around?"
DarkWhole emits { elvissa has been desouled.
DarkWhole emits { by METTLER
DarkWhole emits { Dark_Gypsy says, "so you speak in its voice, I guess"
DarkWhole emits { kip hates to play the pedantic one with the dictionary...
DarkWhole emits { Scammer [to Sanity]: If I knew weather you were male or
female I'd have a snappy retort (for either)
DarkWhole emits { Sanity [to Eternal-Champion]: u didn't answer my question
yet. yer busy? :)
You say, "yes, no?"
DarkWhole emits { Stardrift says, "So tell me about your one whole month....
something must have happened? "
Visual_Mark says, "Stream of DarkWhole."
DarkWhole emits { fishboy has connected.
Smack shuts it down ...
!!FOOM~ --- a rush of stench emits from the DarkWhole.

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw#null,net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder#ibm,net

</PRE>

<!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-End-->
<!--X-Follow-Ups-->