<!--X-TopPNI-->

Date:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00703.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00706.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thread:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<a href="msg00707.html">Previous</a>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="msg00703.html">Next</a>
&nbsp;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Index:&nbsp;
[&nbsp;<A HREF="author.html#00705">Author</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="#00705">Date</A>
&nbsp;|&nbsp;<A HREF="thread.html#00705">Thread</A>
&nbsp;]

<!--X-TopPNI-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-->
<!--X-Subject-Header-Begin-->
<H1>DarkWhole test Identity Crisis</H1>
<HR>
<!--X-Subject-Header-End-->
<!--X-Head-of-Message-->
<UL>
<LI><em>To</em>: <A HREF="mailto:mud-dev#null,net">mud-dev#null,net</A></LI>
<LI><em>Subject</em>: DarkWhole test Identity Crisis</LI>
<LI><em>From</em>: J C Lawrence &lt;<A HREF="mailto:claw#under,engr.sgi.com">claw#under,engr.sgi.com</A>&gt;</LI>
<LI><em>Date</em>: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:17:43 -0800</LI>
</UL>
<!--X-Head-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-Begin-->
<HR>
<!--X-Head-Body-Sep-End-->
<!--X-Body-of-Message-->
<PRE>

<A  HREF="http://www.actlab.utexas.edu/~smack/darkwhole/crisis.html">http://www.actlab.utexas.edu/~smack/darkwhole/crisis.html</A>

                      IDENTITY CRISIS

Smack [to honoria]: I am about to turn the moo inside out
You say, "I'm here..."
You say, "Gross!"
Smack [to honoria]: you wanna watch?
palefist laughs
Smack [to honoria]: its about spoofing
Visual_Mark can't wait to look at the intestines.
Current server time: 8:55 p.m. Eastern US, on Saturday.
Smack goes for a smoke.. brb
honoria watches
Visual_Mark opens a log file.
Smack says, " everyone listen darkwhole"
Visual_Mark [to honoria]: Do you think MOOs smell as bad as Tauntauns on the inside?
palefist leans close to the DarkWhole for a listen.
honoria leans close to the DarkWhole for a listen.
You say, "What's the verb?"
palefist looks at Visual_Mark
You see nothing special.
Smack says, " dont lose that log VM, if I get booted stay right here"
Smack says, " listen darkwhole"
Visual_Mark nods.
honoria guesses the verb is listen
Smack says, " there maybe some lag"
Smack says, " and it may not work, we will see"
palefist [to Smack]: are you bugging the whole moo?
Smack pushes the entire bowl onto the floor.
!!CRASH!!
Pieces of identity and virtual glass form a liquidous mesh over the floor.
You say, "Wait!"
palefist asks, "we should test it on ourselves first, no?"
Smack says, "yup"

[Identity Crisis]: Hello?
[Identity Crisis]: Hi. Welcome.
[Identity Crisis]: Interesting.
[Identity Crisis]: Yes, it is very interesting. And, even though I would assume that this is
one of the three, I have no idea who it could be.
[Identity Crisis]: But the nature of it is collapsable. There are so few people here.
[Identity Crisis]: Mere guesswork would get you far.
[Identity Crisis]: Ah, but there is absolutley no way to tell who is here. This is universal
chat. Whoever has this feature turned on, hears this.
[Identity Crisis]: Smiles. Even more interesting. Have you played this game often?
[Identity Crisis]: Nope, only the ones that have crisis turned on.
[Identity Crisis]: Interesting. Very intreresting. The subject disolves.
[Identity Crisis]: Into?
[Identity Crisis]: Into mere fragments of text.
[Identity Crisis]: Hey! Stop that!
[Identity Crisis]: Stop what?
[Identity Crisis]: Yeah! Stop what?
[Identity Crisis]: Yeah, you could say that. Now, do you know what the purpose is?
[Identity Crisis]: Hello, anyone home?
[Identity Crisis]: I think I do.
[Identity Crisis]: Stop suberting the submissive paradigm.
[Identity Crisis]: the point is to talk calmly about anything and everything.
[Identity Crisis]: I think I do what?
[Identity Crisis]: There is the multiplicity aspect as well. Subversion. :)
[Identity Crisis]: I am talking calmly!
[Identity Crisis]: Exactly. No need to worry what someone will think of you.
[Identity Crisis]: I am home
[Identity Crisis]: I find this most disturbing.
[Identity Crisis]: Revolution is among us.
[Identity Crisis]: nods. Very disturbing.
[Identity Crisis]: Why? It gives a chance for efree expression.
[Identity Crisis]: No semblance of character. Only meaning.
[Identity Crisis]: But what does it mean?
[Identity Crisis]: character can be derived from meaning, and specific person can be
figured out by their messages.
[Identity Crisis]: That's the point. The meaning must be taken to it. There is a distinctive
feeling of -void- here.
[Identity Crisis]: Now, here is just an example. Although I can talk about this in
character, I can tell you that I am gay, that I have a boy friend, and I don't have
anything to worry about.
[Identity Crisis]: Pure signification. No ego. It's like Finnegan's Wake realized, and
maybe a little like death.
[Identity Crisis]: -strange-
[Identity Crisis]: and i can tell you i have a hard on.
[Identity Crisis]: I don't think this is like death, more like walking into the dark room.
[Identity Crisis]: Your grandma has a bigger woodie.
[Identity Crisis]: Yes, if you so desire.
[Identity Crisis]: ha, ha, ha! :)
[Identity Crisis]: A dark room where everyone wears voice distortion equipment. And
voices come from no specific direction.
[Identity Crisis]: lets not talk sex, this is hardly the medium for it.
[Identity Crisis]: nods.
[Identity Crisis]: What does one talk about in the void then?
[Identity Crisis]: blandly spouts The MEDIUM IS THE MESS.
[Identity Crisis]: or a dark room where you know no one.
[Identity Crisis]: I do agree with the no sex, though I didn't see any references to it.
[Identity Crisis]: Has anyone got an identity crisis?
[Identity Crisis]: Anyone want their teeth kicked in?
[Identity Crisis]: No identity crisis here. :)
[Identity Crisis]: Does anyone feel that this eases communication?
[Identity Crisis]: I know exactly what I am...and I rather like my teeth where they are.
[Identity Crisis]: I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.
[Identity Crisis]: no, not yet, because people have yet to understand the purpose of it.
[Identity Crisis]: I think it can ease communication.
[Identity Crisis]: I feel that it def. does.
[Identity Crisis]: I hate camels, get a marlboro.
[Identity Crisis]: Ingmar Bergman said that faith is a little like making love in the v . .
.making love in the dark to someone who doesnt answer. Only here, every one answers.
[Identity Crisis]: blow me.
[Identity Crisis]: I thought there was to be no sex talk.
[Identity Crisis]: and no one is making love that I am aware of.
[Identity Crisis]: i think the void naturally raises sexual images
[Identity Crisis]: maybe for a man
[Identity Crisis]: But is there a purpose.
[Identity Crisis]: to what?
[Identity Crisis]: Can feel herself splitting off into different fragments.
[Identity Crisis]: I think it voids them, with no person for any connotation to be
connected to their is no feeling of sex or sexual desire.
[Identity Crisis]: Yes, there is a purpose. To sit down and talk about things you would
not normally.
[Identity Crisis]: we are all sexless drones in MOOspace.
[Identity Crisis]: but sex is a connection to the void--for some people, anyway
[Identity Crisis]: such as?
[Identity Crisis]: smiles.
[Identity Crisis]: smiles wide
[Identity Crisis]: join the UniSex league today!
[Identity Crisis]: how can sex connect to the void?
[Identity Crisis]: The non-being?
[Identity Crisis]: the connection of the sexual orgasm with death is a long-standing
literary trope.
[Identity Crisis]: Sedate's Sexless Society.
[Identity Crisis]: Le petit Morte... didn't anyone say anything about this being like death?
[Identity Crisis]: Smiles. Someone is thinking along similar lines here.
[Identity Crisis]: have you read Dostoevsky's "Bobok"? It's a little like this.
[Identity Crisis]: Someone? Who?
[Identity Crisis]: Sorry, who?
[Identity Crisis]: seeing as how i don't see this as death, and I see no connection to sex,
all is lost.
[Identity Crisis]: Could we not mention Sedate in here? :)
[Identity Crisis]: I need another beer--oops!
[Identity Crisis]: Ok.. no more mention of it.
[Identity Crisis]: Why not mention Sedate? Does it make you nervous?
[Identity Crisis]: lets drop sedate, okay?
[Identity Crisis]: Sedate, Sedate, Sedate!!!
[Identity Crisis]: I have never met Sedate, but I have seen into his mind, through the
posts that he has published.
[Identity Crisis]: Sedate drops on top of the microphone.
[Identity Crisis]: there's no sense of responsibility here
[Identity Crisis]: true
[Identity Crisis]: I demand to know who's responsible!
[Identity Crisis]: responsible for what?
[Identity Crisis]: the point of the author-function is to guarantee some kind of
responsibility. crisis responsibility for the word.
[Identity Crisis]: you're all too busy hiding behind assumed names to take responsibility.
[Identity Crisis]: I'm growing a little tired of . . . . Says who, anyway!?
[Identity Crisis]: get it, that's a joke.
[Identity Crisis]: so don't come whining to me when tax time comes around.
[Identity Crisis]: I would take responsiblity for anything and everything that I would say,
in any medium
[Identity Crisis]: I do not hide behind anything. If you want to know my name,ask. I will
tell you.
[Identity Crisis]: then identify yourself, criminal!!
[Identity Crisis]: with the author dissolved. The responsibility is reduced to a matter of
_total_ personal concern.
[Identity Crisis]: Tell me your true name
[Identity Crisis]: Barney signs eating ice-cream.
[Identity Crisis]: You would not have to answer to anyone.
[Identity Crisis]: I am Vernor Vinge.
[Identity Crisis]: and I, the great Sandorini!
[Identity Crisis]: My name is Roger Cyr.
[Identity Crisis]: Sedate logs on an stirs up shit.
[Identity Crisis]: answer to yourselves.
[Identity Crisis]: My name is Max, and I take care of you.
[Identity Crisis]: My real name is Xandor Korzibski.
[Identity Crisis]: I once knew a guy named Zane Goldhawk. Really!
[Identity Crisis]: I am an AI from MIT, ask me a question.
[Identity Crisis]: Jehovah stops by to chat with the other wackos.
[Identity Crisis]: What is the meaning of beer? (Oops, sorry)
[Identity Crisis]: I am Eliza, a ancient pseudo-AI that can only parrot PoMo poseur
answers.
[Identity Crisis]: Derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: I am me
[Identity Crisis]: Yes?
[Identity Crisis]: what is derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: Derrida is alive and well, posing a Trent Reznor.
[Identity Crisis]: who is derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: why is derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: Derrida is an Elvis impersonator in a roadside inn in Tweed, Ontario
[Identity Crisis]: when is derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: who is trent reznor?
[Identity Crisis]: What is grunge?
[Identity Crisis]: Derrida is endlessly deferred
[Identity Crisis]: She just left!
[Identity Crisis]: So are we all.
[Identity Crisis]: Who is Kurt 'I'ma Whiny Rock Star Fuck' Cobain?
[Identity Crisis]: what is dirt?
[Identity Crisis]: What does everyone really think about poor Courtney?
[Identity Crisis]: I feel so free; I'm going to remove all my clothing.
[Identity Crisis]: someone is defininately bietter her.
[Identity Crisis]: Why do we use this great oppurtunity... to spout garabage?
[Identity Crisis]: Be these gods or men that fart upon us?
[Identity Crisis]: Aren't we getting a bit far from the purpose of this?
[Identity Crisis]: a slut that has no way of controlling herself and is destined to destroy
herself and those around her.,
[Identity Crisis]: I am lagging......:(
[Identity Crisis]: Who are you to tell us the purpose of this?
[Identity Crisis]: Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry?
[Identity Crisis]: I don't think that mud slinging is the purpose however.
[Identity Crisis]: I am one that have spoken to the author of this.
[Identity Crisis]: You sound like my ex-girlfriend.
[Identity Crisis]: We divert from the Holy Purpose, heathens.
[Identity Crisis]: no religious rhetoric, please
[Identity Crisis]: from syntax divert do we have friends to ?
[Identity Crisis]: Rhetoric schmetoric, I'm just here to piss people off.
[Identity Crisis]: Everyone @gag Crisis!
[Identity Crisis]: I knew it.
[Identity Crisis]: Ah the devil's advocate has arisen.
[Identity Crisis]: Loser freaks!
[Identity Crisis]: I wonder what happens now.
[Identity Crisis]: Bless me father, for I have sinned.
[Identity Crisis]: nods.
[Identity Crisis]: I suggest a mass suicide.
[Identity Crisis]: That might be good.
[Identity Crisis]: Is this space void now? Empty?
[Identity Crisis]: I'd prefer we all go home and read the Bible to our children and hope
the evil men outside don't come rape us.
[Identity Crisis]: They will!
[Identity Crisis]: I hope so.
[Identity Crisis]: I haven't been laid since the Inquisition...
[Identity Crisis]: What else could they do?
[Identity Crisis]: . o O (That's a long time ago...)
[Identity Crisis]: They could make us eat our own toe jam.
[Identity Crisis]: and listen to old Otis Redding records!
[Identity Crisis]: Or worse.
[Identity Crisis]: I disagree totally.
[Identity Crisis]: That's it! I'm disgusted! I'm dismantling this Crisis crap right NOW!
[Identity Crisis]: So am I here alone now?
[Identity Crisis]: And I dare you to try and stop me!
[Identity Crisis]: Yes.
[Identity Crisis]: That will never happen.
[Identity Crisis]: betcha 30 quoata bux!
[Identity Crisis]: Done.
[Identity Crisis]: It's evil I tell ya! More evil than Dan Rather!
[Identity Crisis]: hotline?
[Identity Crisis]: I have a crisis.
[Identity Crisis]: We all do.
[Identity Crisis]: you whiny maggots couldn't type your way out of an IRS inquest.
[Identity Crisis]: Would that be the purpose?
[Identity Crisis]: hey, I work for the IRS!
[Identity Crisis]: Then go audit your own ass, dunderhead.
[Identity Crisis]: ALRIGHT! Who's getting off-topic here!
[Identity Crisis]: I demand a return to normalcy.
[Identity Crisis]: That will def. not happen.
[Identity Crisis]: Normalcy breeds complaceny.
[Identity Crisis]: Re-member where you are.
[Identity Crisis]: Member again.
[Identity Crisis]: I'm on TeeVee.
[Identity Crisis]: No you aren't.
[Identity Crisis]: I'm having all your programmer's bits revoked.
[Identity Crisis]: feels negationist.
[Identity Crisis]: And your dogs summarily kicked.
[Identity Crisis]: That's it, no valentines for you next month....
[Identity Crisis]: Not a single one?
[Identity Crisis]: do you think we pissed anyone off?
[Identity Crisis]: Okay... maybe.
[Identity Crisis]: Not yet.
[Identity Crisis]: you'lll never piss me off, copper!
[Identity Crisis]: Who are we?
[Identity Crisis]: Who am I?
[Identity Crisis]: Who is Derrida?
[Identity Crisis]: I think we are One gestalt.
[Identity Crisis]: Why does yellow rhyme with mellow?
[Identity Crisis]: One meshwork of thought.
[Identity Crisis]: Depends on your accent.
[Identity Crisis]: You mispronounced gestalt.
[Identity Crisis]: Can't help it.
[Identity Crisis]: No wankin Yankees aloud here.
[Identity Crisis]: We Norwegians aren't good at English pronounciation.
[Identity Crisis]: say, can I borrow your kilt?
[Identity Crisis]: We Norwegians don't wear kilts.
[Identity Crisis]: I thought you did.
[Identity Crisis]: don't lie
[Identity Crisis]: I think you should consider suicide as a modern, viable option for
redemption.
[Identity Crisis]: Why do we bother with this?
[Identity Crisis]: I don't know... really.
[Identity Crisis]: Because we're idiots.
[Identity Crisis]: Thats why they are still selling razorblades.
[Identity Crisis]: I would say you are idiots for perverting this.
[Identity Crisis]: Stupid is as Stupid Does! - Forrest Derrida
[Identity Crisis]: Perverting what?
[Identity Crisis]: I sold my sould to Satan yet I STILL have bad credit.
[Identity Crisis]: I wonder who is talking about perversion.
[Identity Crisis]: Whoever it is they're sick.
[Identity Crisis]: and should be shot
[Identity Crisis]: Thought it sounded a bit strong... yes.
[Identity Crisis]: not as strong as the smell from 6-month old undies.
[Identity Crisis]: Put to death?
[Identity Crisis]: stoned
[Identity Crisis]: Good question.
[Identity Crisis]: I wonder what he'll say.
[Identity Crisis]: All I said was 'Jehovah"!
[Identity Crisis]: twiddles its thumbs.
[Identity Crisis]: (rocks fly)
[Identity Crisis]: hey, am I the only fag here?
[Identity Crisis]: I don't know. I think we are all bisexuals.
[Identity Crisis]: You, too, huh?
[Identity Crisis]: I'm a pan-sexual pervert from Andromeda.
[Identity Crisis]: do you do windows?
[Identity Crisis]: Only on wednesdays
[Identity Crisis]: how many people are listening to this?
[Identity Crisis]: 23
[Identity Crisis]: I MUST know!
[Identity Crisis]: laughs.
[Identity Crisis]: 2+3=5
[Identity Crisis]: hail eris
[Identity Crisis]: 1
[Identity Crisis]: Kallisti
[Identity Crisis]: I knew I was talking to myself.
[Identity Crisis]: To yourselves?
[Identity Crisis]: More schizo than I thought.
[Identity Crisis]: You must be having an identity crisis?
[Identity Crisis]: seems like it
[Identity Crisis]: See you later.
[Identity Crisis]: It has been nice talking to all of you.
[Identity Crisis]: Bye!
[Identity Crisis]: waves.
[Identity Crisis]: so long, chump
[Identity Crisis]: What happened to the redemption theme?
[Identity Crisis]: it got sacked
[Identity Crisis]: Yeah... I thought someone said something about not being laid in 20
years.
[Identity Crisis]: .
[Identity Crisis]: that was me, not since the Inquisition.
[Identity Crisis]: You still here?
[Identity Crisis]: yes?
[Identity Crisis]: I propose an orgy in the Coffee Room? Care to
[Identity Crisis]: you worthless piece of malodorous garbage! How dare you defile this
sacred chat line with your profane promiscuity?
[Identity Crisis]: Alright, who let St. Thomas Aquinas online....
[Identity Crisis]: Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me... good.
[Identity Crisis]: Hey there, Imma geek.
[Identity Crisis]: we've ruined another tool for creativity!
[Identity Crisis]: Welcome to the Geek's club.
[Identity Crisis]: Great!
[Identity Crisis]: oh no, now we have more than one smart-ass online.
[Identity Crisis]: Who you calling smart-ass?
[Identity Crisis]: your mother is a smart ass.
[Identity Crisis]: I wonder if the whining creativity bastard would give his name to us.
[Identity Crisis]: Heh, that was just me...
[Identity Crisis]: and me
[Identity Crisis]: and me.
[Identity Crisis]: I play devil's advocate to myself.
[Identity Crisis]: Shoulda read *theory. I warned you I was schizo.
[Identity Crisis]: wow this doesn't show up on @check....
[Identity Crisis]: No SHIT!
[Identity Crisis]: totally untraceable....
[Identity Crisis]: like HIV.
[Identity Crisis]: and infomercials.
[Identity Crisis]: Hey, I know who it is!
[Identity Crisis]: Who?
[Identity Crisis]: Lets @recycle the MOO....
[Identity Crisis]: I finally caught up on *theory... now I know!
[Identity Crisis]: Let's recycle this stupid FO.
[Identity Crisis]: lets recycle creativity.
[Identity Crisis]: Has anyone jerked off on a bottle. In order to see how it really tasted?
[Identity Crisis]: I did once, it tasted like old wine...
[Identity Crisis]: No, I usually just lick my hands when I'm done.
[Identity Crisis]: Old wine... nice image.
[Identity Crisis]: you tell me your name and I'll show you mine.
[Identity Crisis]: Hey... I would never do that. Jim!
[Identity Crisis]: stop making me be a martyr!
[Identity Crisis]: stop making me.
[Identity Crisis]: I give up
[Identity Crisis]: A mertyr for a kingdom.
[Identity Crisis]: er, martyr
[Identity Crisis]: Who gives up?
[Identity Crisis]: Yeah! How dare you!
[Identity Crisis]: See, you scared everyone off.
[Identity Crisis]: Hello?
[Identity Crisis]: go away I'm having none.
[Identity Crisis]: none what?
??

--
J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw#null,net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder#ibm,net

</PRE>

<!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-End-->
<!--X-Follow-Ups-->